????question????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've read, I (think!) That it means if you buy a male and female 100% het for albina they should produce albino offspring.

Don't quote me on that though, as I really have no idea lol.

I think it means if you breed 2 100% het albino animals you get 50% albino offspring...

(could be wrong often am)

Ben

it means that one of the parents of the 100% het albino, was albino, and that if you cross the 100% het, with another 100% het, you will get 25% of the offspring being albino.

it means that one of the parents of the 100% het albino, was albino, and that if you cross the 100% het, with another 100% het, you will get 25% of the offspring being albino.

You can also get a 100% Het from non-albino parents;)

100% means the seller is 100% sure that they are heterozygous, as opposed to possible hets. when you see 66% hets in an advertisement, this means that (generally) they were bred from two hets, which produce 2 out of 3 normal looking animals which carry the gene. 100% hets, when advertised, generally are produced from mating say an albino with either a normal or a het, and all normal coloured animals definitely carry the gene.

You can also get a 100% Het from non-albino parents;)

you can get hets from non albino parents, but they arent 100% hets, because you dont no weather they have or have not inherited the gene, 100% hets come from one albino, one het for albino. if they come from 2 100% hets, they are only 50% het for albino, and if they come from a het and a normal, they are only 25% het for albino, the percentage being the chance that they carry the gene for albino. so 100% hets come from one albino parent and one normal or het parent. anything else isnt 100% het.

you can get hets from non albino parents, but they arent 100% hets, because you dont no weather they have or have not inherited the gene, 100% hets come from one albino, one het for albino. if they come from 2 100% hets, they are only 50% het for albino, and if they come from a het and a normal, they are only 25% het for albino, the percentage being the chance that they carry the gene for albino. so 100% hets come from one albino parent and one normal or het parent. anything else isnt 100% het.

If they come from two 100% Hets they are actually 66%, Hets as you can tell which are albino and take them out of the equation. Cross a 66% Het with a 100% Het or an albino and you will quickly find out if the 66% Het is really a Het which would make it a 100% Het or not a Het at all.

If they come from two 100% Hets they are actually 66%, Hets as you can tell which are albino and take them out of the equation. Cross a 66% Het with a 100% Het or an albino and you will quickly find out if the 66% Het is really a Het which would make it a 100% Het or not a Het at all.

true, i didnt think of it like that, i was just thinking as hatchlings. because there arent that many people that have albinos to cross their 66% hets with to no if they are100% het or not het at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back