questions on gtf

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lizard_lover

Reaction score
1) what do they eat
2) how big does the enclosure need to be
3) do they have any special requirements in their enclosure
4) do they have any special requirements
5) how old do they get
6) is a green tree frog a good frog to start off with
7)how are they handling

1) I feed mine woodies
2) as big as you can - mine are in a 1230 mm high enclosure by 600 x 600 mm
3) I have given mine UV - you should also give them whatsit dust with their food
4) As above
5) Dunno - age over 1 year that's all I can give you on that
6) Dunno - never started off with any other frog
7) Don't handle them - though they're friendly enough - when they're tamed up they will attack you over and over again to get the woodies. They also make a lot of noise over night - especially during thunderstorms. My advice is don't keep them in your room.

and the bonus question - depends on species. But most of mine fit in the palm of my hand (around 10 - 12cm)

not in my place - I live int heir locale - so they're happy with the current temps - Cairns is rather warm :)

1) what do they eat
Crickets, roaches, flies, moths, basically insects
2) how big does the enclosure need to be
Depends on how many you want to keep, a very rough guide is 1 foot per frog.
3) do they have any special requirements in their enclosure
Depends on your location, they need water, warmth, ventilation, u.v and a very secure enclosure as they are brilliant at escaping!!!
4) do they have any special requirements
The usual, u.v, calcium etc
5) how old do they get
20+ years
6) is a green tree frog a good frog to start off with
Yes definitely!
7)how are they handling
The are one of the best out of frogs, make sure your hands are clean, then wash them again to remove all soap, and then wet them.

They grow to aprox. 9-10 cm

I live in Melbourne and have a aquarium heater in the water set at 28 in winter and 26 in summer, that and the u.v provides enough heat. Also warming the water helps humidity in the tank.

A really good Australian care sheet:

http://frogs.org.au/arc/caresheets.html

My green tree enclosure:

http://thefrogmansion.blogspot.com/

Meshe1969.. that enclosure is increbible:shock::D

I was just going to turn a 4ft tank on end and use it but after seeing that i think i've found how i'll spend my Xmas break:lol:

Any photos now it's established??

Ben

I'll try and get some new ones in the next few days, although I did add some new plants today. Some of the plants are really starting to take off.
Have fun building, well worth the effort and much easier than we thought.

One of those Double doored(glass) drinks fridges can be turned into a great enclosure. Old non working ones with no motor. Lots of cafes and delis have them for their soft drink and juices. They have plenty of height and width to work with. Cheers Cheryl

One of those Double doored(glass) drinks fridges can be turned into a great enclosure. Old non working ones with no motor. Lots of cafes and delis have them for their soft drink and juices. They have plenty of height and width to work with. Cheers Cheryl
Now that is a good idea!

how often do frogs get fed? everyday im assuming? is it only insects? im very interested in getting some :D
im going to do all the research first of course, like i did with george my coastal :p

thanks

Nat ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back