ramphotyphlops nigrescens in vic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckos_are_great

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey all

I have a person hes not realy my friend but he knows im into reptiles so he calls me up today and says he found what he thinks is a blind snake.

I was thinking *** they dont live down here. and then he gave me a description of it he said "its about 35cm long and its pink and black so i had a quick flick threw coggers and i find that ramphotyphlops nigrescens live in victoria.

Now surposably they live along the east cost he lives just out of the mornington peninsula area.

now he dosnt have a camera so i cant give you pictures so i was wondering if hes bull*****ing me or have other people on here actully heard of them down there..

so any help would be great

Last edited:
According to snakes of victoria there are 4 species in vic with none of them on the coast, however it wouldn't surprise me if they are as the book is very dated.

yer moose so do i :\ i realy hope hes not bull******ing me though....

but ill keep at him for some pcitures

This is blind snake I found a few days ago just near Euroa Vic. Think its a Ramphotyphlops nigrescens, Blackish blind snake. (looking at distributions ect.)
PC242385.jpg
This is a captive small eyed. But its a victorian form
P1212706.jpg

Small eyeds are found all over eastern vic and on the Peninsula
Mike.

thanks varanid_mike for those pictures and info

sorry guys He dosnt actully live on the morninton peninsula (facepalms self) i got that bit wrong he lives past port welshpool almost towards the reeves beach area..... so im going with the small eyed more now. but thanks for your help everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back