Ranger Visits

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stretch

Reaction score
So who here has regular 'random' ranger visits?
I am wondering if anyone will ever come to me because I am so out of the way. I am also the only one in the area who has reptiles (legally...)

Do you think that the suburbs get more random visits than the una whoop whoop ones? Or is this just a theory based on lack of blood to the brain from my 6km walk/jog/run

Not me - Yet - I'm a little out of the way where I live but I haven't had my licence long. They probably wait till you had time to get things wrong or get tempted by the illegal. Won't catch me though - legal is much easier to live with, and hey, those people that take wild snakes and other reptiles could be taking them from my environment and I wouldn't appreciate that so why why would I change.

I sleep comfortably. 8)

No, never have heard about a ranger visit.
Would be good though, I'd get to ask all sorts of questions and show my babies off to someone else. :)

Don't know anyone who has ever been visited. Have a friend who has kept herps here in Tamworth for about 5 years now and never had a visit. He has an exhibitors license so if anyone was gonna be checked, you would think it would be him.

I've had my license for 7 months, and have had no visits, and I'm in the middle of suburbia. :?

On the other hand, a guy I recently purchased from who lives in Jandowae - which in about an hour and a half past Toowoomba (a.k.a 'The Middle of No-where') - reckons he gets visits regularly every 6-8 weeks! :shock:

Mel x

If someone gets busted for having exotics, do they lose their whole collection (including licenced animals) or just the exotics?

snakehunter said:
If someone gets busted for having exotics, do they lose their whole collection (including licenced animals) or just the exotics?

You trying to tell us something there snakehunter? hehehehe

Yep, they lose it all as anything in a collection with exotics could have been compromised... hard to prove good quarantine so they don't take the risk from what I've heard, and usually euthanise all.
..and yes, no license, no reps.

yea thats what i thought.
Are you then banned from keeping herps, or can these people re-new their licence?

I can't see any point in losing your licence if you can just apply for it again - I reckon once out always out - MO

My uncle has had a few ranger checks for his birds
but I've never beed checked

I guess that the exotics go to a zoo or other comerial trade.

I had my first snake when I was about 13 or so. We only had it a few months, and within that time we had a visit, while I was at school. Haven't had one since getting back into herps, but that's only been a couple of months.

Got one once ages ago but it was to do with a pet maggie.
Turns out someone put me in.All was ok with the ranger when it became apparent that the maggie could come and go as he pleased.Wasnt my fault he chose to stay :)

Well I live in the middle of nowhere Mundubbera ( further out than you Mel) and I had a visit last Friday 21/02.
It was just a routine thing like Q&A nothing major, I think it was just to intrduce themselves, as they didnt look at the books or the snakes even though the snakes were clearly visble to them.
I didnt mind as they actually booked a time to see me and I got some useful answers of them

lol AficanFishyMan,
Careful people might think your serious.

:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back