Rankinia diemensis help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laven

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hi i live in tasmania wynyard and i want a reptile so i finally said i want a Rankinia diemensis but i only know a little about them so can i get some info and also does anybody know where i can get one i know you can find them in the wild but i want a baby one so i would like one from a breeder

thanx bye

ps i dont have a license yet

Why not try and catch a Juvie? I'm not sure how many people actually breed them in Tasmania but as your allowed to catch them I would think maybe not alot... They are great little dragon to keep and become very tame and used to captivity and will readily eat from your fingers..
Oh, use the search function on this site and you will find plenty of info on keeping them...

hi and thanx i keep getting bearded dragons and if thats what you mean i need something small and i didnt know they could be found in tasmania but i read somewhere that dragons breed round sep and dec and the eggs hatch around jan next year so if i was after a mountain baby mountain dragon where would i go

There are Rankinia diemensis juveniles running around all over the bush at the moment. If you go out on a nice sunny say you will find them basking on top of rocks.
I see themnearly everytime I go bush walking. although I live in the Blue Mountains in NSW but you will find them in Tassie too.

thanks for your help guys im going out to look tomorrow for some good spots then ill go get my license {does anyone know how much they are} then couple days after that ill get one

hi guys i went out today didnt find any my local council was closed so i need to know something where are some good spots in tasmania to find dragons
please answer im really need help

Im also looking for a mountain Dragon I know a few locations but im yet to catch one you can Get your permit here most people in Tas keep there locations quiet for some reason or another so Ill respect that and pm you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back