RBBS questions

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The basking spot temp is not so much the issue as long as the snake can thermoregulate. Pseudechis porphyriacus is a dark coloured snake, this adaption is thought to come from its habitat and hunting preferences. They spend most of their time hunting once they reach their PBT. This is rapidly lowered during hunting when they enter the water after frogs, fish and tadpoles. They then emerge and bask bring the pbt back up.

During digestion and while gestating P. porphyriacus will extend their amount of time they bask as they seem to try and regulate their Pbt with less variation.

I am not sure how you have your enclosure set up for them but a basking spot that reachs about 32 degrees Celsius seems to work for me, as long as they are able to regulate to a cooler area when they wish.

Snake pimp....I would be interested to see the article/essay you have written and the references you have used. Any chance of a copy?

Cheers,
Scott

yes of co****,i would love a peer review from a herpo,and you would be familiar with the papers ive researched and the books ive cited,pm your email,im going to have to learn how to break the document up into bits and email them seperatly as its too large for a standard email.
Rob

When can we book you in to talk at the AHS $nake Pimp I reckon it would be a great talk
as I enjoyed reading some of the paper you have done but I wouldn't mind seeing a whole lot more which I didn't get time to read when you last showed it to me.

yea you know me i wll talk all day lol,im penciled in for later in the year and i think most people would love a good elapid talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back