Re: auto refresh

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lutzd

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Something for the future maybe .............:

I was lying on the bed watching tv the other day, and of course, the forum page was on the screen of my computer. Periodically I'd get up and click refresh to see if there where any new posts, when a thought occurred to me (yes, it happens from time to time).

What would be really neat for lazy people like me would be an auto-refresh function at the main Forum page. Perhaps an on/off switch with a user-defined or reasonable refresh duration (say 2 minutes?),

answer

It wouldn't, because when you're typing, you are no longer at that page. :)

That could easily be done. I will find an appropriate javascript and put it into the main page template.

:)

God you're good! Talk about a fast worker! Is it on the main forum page only or on each subject as well, not that it matters - just wondering...

Just the main forum page. Look at the count down up the top.

Excellent SJ!
I always wanted one of those! :D

He rocks doesn't he, our own SJ?

:)

Funny, africanfishthingy, funny! Anyway, I've graduated to rats now! :lol:

rats

Similar story, but mine was a dog of the female variety. :cry: :roll:

...by the way, "Africanfishthingy" is a hell of a lot easier to remember than Africancich...afr... well, you know what I mean! :)

yes lusty it is a bit of a mouthful isn't it? I am actually thinking of changing it now that I am more into herps than fish, on the web anyway, but trouble is I am known all over by my nick and occasionally get messages from people I haven't heard from for ages so I would prob lose contact with them if I do change names :(

Hey Africanchillidog

you could just do what 'Prince' did - you could be the 'The continent formerly known as fishy things' and your avatar could be map of Africa.

On second thought that's harder to type than fishything is to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back