RE: Theres a problem.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similiar happen when I first started with my beardies. I tried for months to get one of my little central bearded dragons to eat and sometimes I was successful and other times I wasn't. In the end I was forcefeeding him with a syringe. No matter what I did, he never grew and in the end I decided to have him put down after speaking to a vet. As he explained to me, some just fail to thrive, no matter what you do for them. My advice would be to put the animal down if it continues not to eat on it's own.

As for the dominace argument...I and many others on this site have kept beardies together with no problems what-so-ever. Some animals are more aggressive than others. If that happens, you deal with it but I do believe bearded dragons can successfully be kept together.

aww, thats sad i wanna try. i dont want him to die. nor to be put down. i called thevet today, and its gunna cost me a fortune to boost things up, ill try what kriby suggested and see where i go. thanks guys, i really appreciate the help. ill let you guys know how he is going.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back