red barred dragons help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

herpie boy

Reaction score
just wondering if anyone has any information on this species cause i cant find bugger all on google exept a few pics.

as much info as possible, do you know of any sites with any papers done on them. i know next to nothing about them so anything would be much appreciated.

i know of no sites with any info, i can only go on my experience with tawny dragons which require the same care.

lol good luck, pm me with any questions, all i know bout tawnys i found out myself or found out from other keepers, the only ctenophorus species i have found info on are central netteds and painteds and need totally different care to rock dragons

herpie boy, I have also kept Tawny Dragons which Hornet has specified, they generally live under similar conditions to red barreds from what I have been told.

They live entirely around rocky and creviced areas

they dont need to much room, they prefer to stay around the crevices

cheers mate . one question about painteds, how long do they live in captivity because i have read that they only usually live a year in the wild and a max of 3 years.

i'm not real sure of that, i have heard 1-2yrs in the wild but no idea bout captive lifespan

I think Painteds in captivity hit the 5-6year mark with breeding years of 4.....? Obviously some are shorter and some longer.

Most Ctenophorus species are fairly short lived.

Does anyone have any idea of their approx. lifespan?

Just curious what special care they require apart from the rocks(obviously)?

7-8yrs for rock dragons i believe altho a feamle bred every year will have a shorter life.

im pretty sure that the majority of these small dragons are capable of breeding in there first year.

yes they can, if i fed my tawnys up they would breed this year but next year for sure

only sold 2 last season, possibly none this season, might keep all the hatchies this time around

painted dragon

I have a pair of painted that turn 5 this season .
they are great little guys .
here is a picture of my male ,first feed after cooling

Attachments

• painted male.jpg
    painted male.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 43
I have kept and bred red bars for a few years now, the longest lived was 9 years. I keep them on red sand, plenty of rocks and keep a mercury vapour over them. One male to two females is usually best. If you want more info pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back