Red Desert Sand & Shedding Problem?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My beardies were kept on red desert sand by the previous owner & i've noticed that all three are taking a long time to shed compared to my other beardies, which makes me wonder if it's something to do with the sand? They are only shedding in little patches here & there unlike the others which shed completely within a week or so.
I've attached a few pics of one of the females which shows her shed leg which has been like this for a few weeks now & i'm a bit worried it could cause her a problem with cut off circulation if the rest doesn't shed soon. I would also love to know what colour they truly are as the red sand has stained them as you can see in the pics. I'm hoping the rest of this girl is as white underneath but time will tell I guess. Sorry about the phone pics but my camera is out of action at the moment.

Attachments

• 04102008686.jpg
    04102008686.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 64
  • 05102008692.jpg
    05102008692.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 05102008707.jpg
    05102008707.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 60
i have never used red sand but i have never had any problems with normal sand. Have you tried to give her a warm bath.

Yeah that was the first thing I tried but still no luck.

Yeah their temps are perfect, they also have a nice big water bowl to soak in & get fed as much as they will eat twice daily because both girls have just had their second clutch. I really do think it has something to do with the staining.

it should eventually come off. does she have logs or rocks tat she can rub herself with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back