removing eggs from female

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeth

Not so new Member
Reaction score
my female mac recently layed a clutch of eggs. This is the third clutch that i have incubated of hers but i still find one thing extremely hard to do...remove the eggs from her! she becomes very protective at this stage and often almost crushes the eggs. Does anyone out there have any tips for safely and easily removing eggs?[/i][/u]

Turn off the heat source completely for a few hours when you are ready to transfer the eggs to the incubator.This will then force the female to go to the warmer side of the enclosure in order to collect as much body heat as possible to transfer to the eggs.At this stage you can collect the eggs with no problems.

The eggs wont really get too cold as the female will still be coiling them apart from the moment she gets off to bask at which point the eggs are transferred to the incubator.The crisis he has at the moment (female almost crushing the clutch) would be more of a problem then letting the eggs recieve a minor drop in temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back