Reptile related careers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reptilia

Reaction score
G'day,

This year I will have completed my bachelor of science (majoring in zoology). Next year I am hoping to do honours and then hopefully in future years get a phd or masters. I'm focusing on a career on the study of reptiles (herpetology) anatomy/physiology/behaviour etc. Havent decided yet at what specific study I will do research on.

Anyway, I guess my question is ' Do you guys/gals know of any laboratories or muesums that employ people who wish to start a career in this field ?' Any websites or info would be much appreciated...

Cheers. Lance.

sorry i dont but good luck, i finished my hsc last friday so i would like to find a career like that aswell, i am going to do a bcs but not to sure hat im going to focus on yet.

Dont know about labs or museums, but I have a friend who got work with Parks and Wildlife, job basically entails getting paid to go looking for endangered herps, particularily on government land where future developments are planned. Tuff job and the consultancy fees are good to boot :wink: Good luck.
Ps you wont make many friends who are developers if you go down this path (unless you take kickbacks :evil: )

Don't forget private ecological consulting companies. They are usually after capable, fit people with a scientific background for casual work (usually field work). Hard work, but it's usually outdoors in some nice areas. Friends of mine have been doing owl surveys, bird surveys, vegetation surveys etc etc etc in area scheduled for devolopment.

-H

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back