Reptiles on starmaid website

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
great, now watch them double in price like most other things do when people realise they are used for the reptile industry haha

Hi Andrew, If we keep this between us I know that it will not happen!!

We love the fact you guys are using our containers over the rest of many out there and as the Snake Whisper knows we are trying to support all the reptile lovers!!

Michael

Hi Michael
Thank you for supporting our passion.
It would be wonderful if you could give us the "heads up" when Starmaids are on Special, as most of us are humble reptile keepers :) and we do tend to buy in bulk when we can afford it
Cheers
Sandee :)
The Herpetological Society of Queensland
email: [email protected]

Being able to buy directly from Starmaid instead of having to make purchases through the large chain stores would be a huge help esp. with those large orders.
Hopefully that would help lower the price we are having to pay by cutting out the middle men.

It would be good to see on the bigger storage tubs four of the plastic blue locks insted of two, like the Sistema tubs
I have see people drilling holes in the sides and putting locks just incase . lot more piece of mind when housing yearling Elapids

It would be good to see on the bigger storage tubs four of the plastic blue locks insted of two, like the Sistema tubs
I have see people drilling holes in the sides and putting locks just incase . lot more piece of mind when housing yearling Elapids
Yeah I weighed the lid down with a big rock when I put my Jungle in one temporarily. Maybe they should bring out a reptile specific range with all our extra needs already incorporated :)

Hi Andrew, If we keep this between us I know that it will not happen!!

We love the fact you guys are using our containers over the rest of many out there and as the Snake Whisper knows we are trying to support all the reptile lovers!!

Michael

Hey Michael, thanks for the plug! I have no doubt that that was largely your doing! Should Starmaid ever decide to explore a reptile specific line of tubs and bins, I'd be more than happy to put my two bobs in. Tub and rack systems are growing in popularity at a rapid rate, which is evidenced by the fact that since I introduced to my range, they now make up approximately 30-35% of my sales. Not bad considering I've only been offering them for a few months. I suspect they will continue grow in popularity as more and more people begin to keep larger collections. The biggest downside to using tubs, that I have found, is the extremely limited selection of tubs in the 240L + range. I have found several but even at wholesale pricing, I know for a fact that most people would balk at the prices. An affordale range of strong, high volume tubs in clear or opaque plastic is what you will find on my wish list!

Cheers,
Aaron

something big enough to house adult morelia in would be great with stronger lids of coarse..

Last edited:
Regarding safety..just use the biggest metal bulldog clips you can find at your local newsagent :)

I cant believe they didnt ask you first

Michael has asked me now, and they did reference the photo so all is fair.
and they did offer to send me some product so they are still in my good books!

after looking on the website, anyone tried setting up the stakka's for racks?
nice and light weight, heating (for QLD anyway) would be simple. being escape proof for hatchlings may be a little bit of a challenge, but an easy setup for those who can't build their own rack or only have a few animals.

i use the 52lt tubs for my rats and snakes ,

btw : michael the tub size is 52lt and not 30lt

Last edited:
correct dicky.. room needs cornese(spelling) & painting have to move everything out first...

S7303755.JPG

Michael has asked me now, and they did reference the photo so all is fair.
and they did offer to send me some product so they are still in my good books!

after looking on the website, anyone tried setting up the stakka's for racks?
nice and light weight, heating (for QLD anyway) would be simple. being escape proof for hatchlings may be a little bit of a challenge, but an easy setup for those who can't build their own rack or only have a few animals.
Ok thats fair enough

View attachment 188980got to love stairmaids, couple i picked up...

Damn, nice one.. You're in Newcastle aren't you? Where abouts is a good place for a variety of Starmaid tubs?
pencil.png

Hi Sandee,

I will do my best to help out when I know what is on sale!

thanks
Hi Michael
Thank you for supporting our passion.
It would be wonderful if you could give us the "heads up" when Starmaids are on Special, as most of us are humble reptile keepers :) and we do tend to buy in bulk when we can afford it
Cheers
Sandee :)
The Herpetological Society of Queensland
email: [email protected]

Hi Aaron,

I will put down tubs of that size in the next 'new product meeting' - there could be a good market for those sizes.

Did I mention that we have the 50L underbed longer storage units coming out last time we chatted - they are nearly ready to be sold - Worth a look for sure!!

Last edited:
Starmaid should defiantly get together with snake whisperer and see if they can design some snake and gecko tubs with out a ridiculous price tag.
There is defiantly a market for a specific tub it would also be able to be sold at pet stores instead of just hardware stores.
Being able to buy direct from starmaid would also help some of us herpers cause we all know it can get pretty expensive at times.

Im glad starmaid have noticed this thread it was just luck i managed to stumble across that page on there website. Cause i know a lot of us use there tubs!

my pix was just to show the range of tubes used in a medium sized herp room... hope it help... maybe stairmaid could built some smaller tubs thta rival sistemia's for a cheaper price...

Damn, nice one.. You're in Newcastle aren't you? Where abouts is a good place for a variety of Starmaid tubs?
pencil.png

i just get mine from woolies mate...

Last edited:
Honestly the herp hobby is growing and growing....we are new to keeping snakes and the amount of friends who are horrified.....interested and now are waiting for Elvira's babies !!!!!!!!

Starmaid would be mad not to seriously think about putting together good quality hatchy boxes....it really is going to be a wonderful new hobby especially as peoples lives get busier and busier....I have four snakes two of which are hatchies and they are less work than one of my dogs and in high density living a hell of a lot quieter and I have a wonderful non demanding relationship with all four of my hissy babies !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back