RETIC VS TOKAY

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
found this pic on an other forum, cute huh,they both survived ok as the owner had to submerge both in a bath of water to separate them..
these guys are somebodys pets in the phillapines
baz

Two of my favourites, definitely my favourite python and Tokays are just amazing geckoes, they have real attitude as can be seen .

the owner of the retic had let the tokay loose in the house months before to eat mice and cockroaches,
when he opened to retic cage to clean the gecko got to the snake...minor injuries sustained by both but now are ok

what site is this on snakeman?

Even in there current situation they look so cute.... and I really do mean that.
Are those geckos known to go after pythons?...Its pretty amusing.

You often hear Tokays referred to as well as "F**k You" Geckos/Lizards... This pic pretty much shows why LOL

They got the name F you geckos from soldiers in the Vietnam war. Tokay's make a wonderful noise or chirp which the soldiers thought was somebody calling F you in the trees. If I remember correctly thats also how they got their latin name Gecko gecko, because their call also sounds like someone yelling GEK -- KO.
Very cool little critters.

Cheers Rossco.

thats a cool pic, well the retic has a hand full there as tokay's are so aggressive, and bite hard

I remember correctly thats also how they got their latin name Gecko gecko, because their call also sounds like someone yelling GEK -- KO.
Very cool little critters.
Yes that's correct, untill you hear them you won't appreciate how exact they sound, you almost feel like replying to them. I don't think it was trying to eat the snake, but realises the threat and took it "head on". Tokays don't often back down, and are capable of looking after themselves in a scrap.

Re: RE: RETIC VS TOKAY

Lurk said:
Are those geckos known to go after pythons?...Its pretty amusing.

They are known to go for anything that moves ! :wink: as the pic proves i guess!

RE: Re: RE: RETIC VS TOKAY

There are also Tokays in East Timor, Well I think there are because they definately have F--K You geckos over there. Caused a fair bit of amusement when we first arrived in East Timor. If you shine a laser pointer on a wall near them they will chase the light dot around and around. it is like have a laser pointer remote control gecko, very funny!! lol you can make them do loop the loops, races, chase their own tail!

Cheers,
Davo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back