rights

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

do all animals have the same rights

• yes i believe all animals are equall

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • no i think all animals are not equall

Votes: 62 63.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hooglabah

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
who believes that feeder animals ie rats crickets meal worms feeder fish ect have more rights than cats or dogs. why is it illeagal to feed frozen cats/ dogs to a snake but not rats or mice and why is it okay to feed live crickets to a lizard but not live rats to snakes.

The question is do you believe all animals have the same rights or are some exempt.

Same as saying why is it ok to step on an ant, but not a dog? :shock:

well humans are animals aswell so to say all are equal you must suggest we are equal to cockroaches.

In theory they should have the same rights but.. I don't know how to explain it.. People, including myself must think that smaller the animal, the less brain or pain factor. Not sure. I don't think an ant should have the same rights as a Elephant for example.. I wouldn't feel bad if i stepped on an ant. But I would if i drove a truck into an elephant.

Good question, this should be an interesting/flame filled topic.

well for one rats, mice, rabbits, crickets, meal worms, woodies are rodents and pests... where as feeder fish are generally feral little goldfish that are pretty much carp, and carp are pests... Yes dogs and cats can be wild and feral but there isnt heaps of them.. trust me i find it hard to kill rats and mice!!! i hate doing it!

or one full of people going "meh" even those that care

we arbitraraly rank some animals above others

it wont get anywhere...

why not go higher... if pigs can be smarter than dogs... why is ot ok to it pigs and not dogs?

the answer is simple... because we decided it is so

lol so you beleive its alright to kill some animals becaus they are 'feral' where as domestication makes animals makes them more worthy of their life.

In saying that i dont believe in animal cruelty however i also believe that you cant discriminate one animal from another in terms of yes its okay to kill no it isnt (with the exception of endangered or protected species). for example you wont find peta out trying to protect the king cobra in India wich is slaughterd by the thousands every year out of fear. or the diamond back rattle snake in Texas from the annual "cull" where they cut them up and make them into bags and shoes and jackets. but run for the hills if your out hunting rabbits in Australia peta green peace the animal rights activists are all over u at the next gun show your at with buckets of red paint and signs saying murders. people are only interested in saving cute and fluffy animals.
it makes me sick

well for one rats, mice, rabbits, crickets, meal worms, woodies are rodents and pests... where as feeder fish are generally feral little goldfish that are pretty much carp, and carp are pests... Yes dogs and cats can be wild and feral but there isnt heaps of them.. trust me i find it hard to kill rats and mice!!! i hate doing it!

you should go up bush pretty much anywhere in victoria there are more feral dogs and cats than cattle

Last edited by a moderator:
Where does it say feeding cats and dogs is illegal? I wouldn't have a problem feeding a humanley killed puppy or cat to a snake.

all animals feel pain all animals feel fear its not a question of intelligance you dont have to understand what pain and fear are to feel them. and ant being crushed would feel about as much pain as a whale would if you dropped and oil tanker on it.

its basicaly a matter of the modern human being programmed to have a deeper emotional response to a cat in pain than a cricket we have been told for thousands of year cockroaches are dirty and disgusting but in actual fact they are 100x cleaner than cats.

im pretty sure it would be illegal its probably not good for you snake as well cuz the only way you could leagaly kill a domestic cat or dog is at the vets with poisons.

all animals feel pain all animals feel fear its not a question of intelligance you dont have to understand what pain and fear are to feel them. and ant being crushed would feel about as much pain as a whale would if you dropped and oil tanker on it.

You say this but think about it. If you hit a dog with your car. You feel guilty/sad. If you step on an ant, you feel nothing. Even if the dog died instantly. And how do you know ants feel pain and fear?

like i said, only reason is because we decide it is so

and peta don't oppose rabbit control in aust

and they do have issues and actions in regard to a cobra

your point is valid tho.... but not one with a reason other than an arbitrary decision... it isn't even the same accross all countries/cultures

im pretty sure it would be illegal its probably not good for you snake as well cuz the only way you could leagaly kill a domestic cat or dog is at the vets with poisons.

It's not illegal, and you can kill cats and dogs without poisons.

It's perfectly legal to eat cats and dogs if you do it all humanely.

you might feel guilt i dont ive shot so many feral dogs that i feel nothing for any dog the owners on the other hand i do feel sorry for. however im not going to risk my life by swearving to miss the dog if runs infront of my car im going to hit i wont try but i aint going to aviod it either. just like if im hunting and a brown snake bites me i made a mistake and i have to deal with the conciquences as such.

i bet you they would what was the quoat " all animals have the right to live regardless of situation or circumstance" i think petas stand point on kill animals is pretty solid they dont condone any killing testing or ownership of any animal (ironicaly the vice president of peta is a type 1 diabetic that uses insulin) lolz

Your telling me there is no difference to killing a feral dog and hitting a house reared pet? A feral dog is wild. A House reared dog is trained.. loved.. clean.. cute.. tame.

hello, i hate whaling... :evil:

feral dogs have rabies, no one likes rabies!! :p

no there is a massive differance one costs $20 for 20 rounds and one cost $600 in car reapairs and a really awkward converstion with the owners. just kidding im not that evil. no there is a differance i just dont feel anything for the dog i hate all introduced spieces in this country espicially the ones kept as pets cow sheep pig ect i can understand the need for them here but dog cats ect should not be allowed as pets 1 domestic cat at night in a neighborhood is the equivalent of a small environmental disaster.

metaphorical speaking anyway

i agree there is no point in whaleing im a bit of a conservationsit tho

as i say "save it now.... so i can shoot it later"

no there is a massive differance one costs $20 for 20 rounds and one cost $600 in car reapairs and a really awkward converstion with the owners. just kidding im not that evil. no there is a differance i just dont feel anything for the dog i hate all introduced spieces in this country espicially the ones kept as pets cow sheep pig ect i can understand the need for them here but dog cats ect should not be allowed as pets 1 domestic cat at night in a neighborhood is the equivalent of a small environmental disaster.

Dog's and cat's not aloud as pets? Are you kidding me? Having a cow running around the house isn't very conventional. I would think having a cow out on the loose in a city suburb or Metro area would be a insy winsy bit more catastrophic then a few measly cats or dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back