Ringtail Gecko Eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well today I got home to find a single egg in my ringtail gecko tank, should be good news, to get an egg out of a species I really want to breed....... The thing is, it's the product of 2 females!?!?

I have spoken to the breeder of my 2 animals and he basically said 'It can happen' aswell as some well said advice on the species. Thanks (you know who you are).

I am 110% sure they are 2 females as both animals are as flat as a surf board at the cloacal area and both are approx 12months of age.

Can any Ringtail breeders tell me if this is a common occurence or not???

have you got the male organised yet?

This probably doesnt help but saw a thread on a USA forum about sperm retention in U. Milii and laying fertile eggs 6 months after being seperated from a male also mentioned someone claimed it was documentated that marble and velvet geckos had retained sperm for 2-3 years

they can retain sperm.i'm not sure about cloning though.i think they can incubate for up to 245 days so be patient while incubating.

I've been glued to geckodan's Ringtail gecko caresheet but doesn't seem to say anything about immaculate depositions.

The egg was dented and basically collapsed when I found it but it was laid in a position where it was in between a hide and the glass front of the tank. So upon removal of the hide, a plug of shell had been ripped apart from the egg. After disecting the egg, their appears to be no blood spot or signs of embrotic growth. Just a yellow yolky liquid, yummy!

Ring tails lay hard shelled eggs, so if it was dented, it's infertile.

Thanks Magpie, I knew that so it was an obvious sign that it was unviable.

Waiting, waiting for geckodan LOL.

Gee Rocket......talk about scaring the heck out of me.
I should get that mail in the next few days to so hopefully soon for our arrangement.

Sorry Twiggz. I knew this would prove to be a real pain in our agreement.

Nobody else has any opinions on the matter? Could it be a sign of reproductive maturity in the female(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back