RIP Roid.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theduclos

Reaction score
My beardy died today. He was mentioned in the following threads. Just posting here to let every other dragon keeper out there to not take the advice that its 'normal' for an animal to be acting the way he is if deep down you think he is sick. It was mbd he died of. My partner had to watch the little guy die after an hour of twitching and spasming. Thanks for your help that you gave me guys. I'm just angry I listened only to what i wanted to hear

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php?t=59981
http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60941

it is generally due to improper calcium phosphorus ratios and or vit D

Does the NEC 10 that you purchased have a UV output readout on the box?

Oh that's right. Thanks!!
theduclos... in that first link.. everyone was telling you it was MBD? Maybe it was too late to do anything anyway.. At least he isn't suffering anymore

it was just sold to me by the herpshop as the light i needed. oh well. time to head off to work again.

feel sorry for the little fella, all the best

And another person learns that petshops (usually) can't be trusted, the hard way.
(petshop employees this is not aimed at you, but not all are as knowedgeable as the few on this site).

Awww RIP Roid.....

I'm sooo sorry for your loss, it's heart breaking losing a little one like that!!!
My heart goes out to you and your girlfriend.

Regards,
Mell

Wouldn't you take him to a vet if deep down you thought he was sick?

It's good to ask advice on a forum like this but in the end the people on here are not vets and should not be treated likewise, it is only advice given, not professional advice.

I'm sorry to hear he died, at least you admit you only heard what you wanted, good on you for that, most people would just blame the forum members.

Oh that's right. Thanks!!
theduclos... in that first link.. everyone was telling you it was MBD? Maybe it was too late to do anything anyway.. At least he isn't suffering anymore

Wouldn't you take him to a vet if deep down you thought he was sick?

yeah there were 2 posters saying it was. then i had many more saying there beardies slow down like that every year at winter. his symptoms were explained perfectly as being just simply slowing down for winter. so i put my thinking of him being sick to inexperience and trusted the keepers who said it was a very common occurance in there own pets.

thanks for the condolences guys. it means much more then i thought it would.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

I gave that to my mum when her pet poodle died, he had seen her through 2 radio therepys and 2 chemos. He was her little keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back