Rodent Food (BioMare Cubes)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive used bio-mare supplemented with dry dog or cat food for years on and off.
Best thing about it was the "cube" size and integrity compared to smaller and
more "brittle" feed options.

Hope they don't relabel it as rodent feed and bump the price up.

So noone has ever used the Riverina Rat and Mouse cubes?

Just out of curiosity my complany make and sells a Rat and mouse breeder cubes feed.... Called Riverina Rat and Mouse.... Has any one else tried it.. Contains 18.5 % Protein . It is sold for 17.05 for 20 kg. i can list full information on this product if any one is interested?

No Offense BUT I did use Riverina rat and mouse a few years ago. It would have to be the WORST I've ever used.
Maybe, just maybe the formula has been changed as the main problem seemed to be the amount of SALT in the mix.
More salt equals more water drunk which equals more PIDDLE and that equals MORE SMELL. Hell the stink was unreal.....

Have to say that when I changed to Barastock the level of smell DECREASED by at least 50% plus.......

I would never use Riverina again, they would crumble to dust and the results weren't that good.

I use biomare but was previously using cummins , i have found for rearing and growth of juveniles it has worked wonders but i have noticed my frequency of litters have dropped considerably

i have decided to mix both foods, in an even mix and am yet to have done that for a long enough period to declare it succesful

If you use mazuri's rodent pellet as an example, it is easy to see why the production of rodents in america is far greater than it is here in aus.

Attachments

• mazuri rodent diet.pdf
    97.2 KB · Views: 71
If you use mazuri's rodent pellet as an example, it is easy to see why the production of rodents in america is far greater than it is here in aus.

Why do you think production of rodents in America is far greater than it is here in Aus? Are you implying it is due to feed or is it simply due to the higher demand?

Mattsnake, Beerwah Feed Barn stocks Riverina but they must be between batches as its not been available for a few weeks

Why do you think production of rodents in America is far greater than it is here in Aus?
Are you implying it is due to feed or is it simply due to the higher demand?

Both. I believe the quality and variety of ingredients within the feed results in higher litters and healthier stock. (greater production per breeder female)

If you were to compare a large australian rodent breeder to an american one of similar size, the american breeder would need less breeder females (based on feed quality) to produce an 'x' amount of rodents per week resulting in less feed costs overall in comparison to an australian breeder (more breeder females to produce same 'x' amout of rodents per week)

The demand is obviously high in the u.s with breeders trying to produce high quality rodents at the lowest possible price. This usually comes down to feed costs and labour costs.

Currently not possible to compete with american prices due to:
1. demand.
2. quality of feed.
3. feed costs.
4. labour costs.

Heres a list of ingredients within australian suppliers rodent pellets.
By mixing some of these feeds together you can gain a wider variety of ingredients. The end result is better production.

Attachments

• rodent pellet ingredients.docx
    67.5 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back