Runny poop problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matty_2004

Reaction score
My Pogona Vitticepts (Central Bearded Dragon) often has runny poop which is rather smelly. It has been like this from day 1 and he is my first reptile so i do not know if it is normal poop or not...it is usually a little bigger than a 20c coin and isn't like water consistancy..more like...custard?

What should i do? I heard you can get some of the poop and put it in a film canister and take it to the vets? Can an ordinary vet do this or must it be a herp vet? How much does it usually cost?

Thanks,

Matt.

He has a very good diet. Crickets 3-2 times a week, every other day he has veggies and fruit. His main diet is Rep-Cal beardy pellets which he eats everyday. He always eats alot but not an absolutely rediculous amount. His food is always sprinkled with Rep-Cal calcium supplement.

You can take it to an ordinary vet , birds vets do the same fecals. Make sure you get it fresh as possible, sealed container, fridge it till you leave. I had one done a few years back around 40 dollars for the visit.
Could be coccidia which is common with beardies

what color is the poo and what does it look like? Also my snake fell off a branch onto the log which isn't too far, will it be alright or should I take it to the vet (the snake is 5months old)

email me at jungle_ [email protected]
I can help you with ya beardie problem.
we currently keep 12 adults and have 35 hatchlings.

Was just cleaning out my photo albulm and saw ya post,
will not be back on this site.

should be fine shaun - mine bunjee jumps every now and then

shaun have a good look at the snake and feel him all over if he flinches, or shows any sign of a sore area then take him to the vet ,..... if not then just keep an eye on him but he should be fine... they are hearty lil critters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back