sad story

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahbell

Reaction score
afew days ago some guy rang me up for advice on why his python had suddenly died iasked about the encloser and what he fed it. Turns out the encloser was fine but he fedit 2 large live rats and two frozen rats(not thawed but rock solid) in one day i told him he should have thawed the rats and not to feed it so much he did not believe me and is planning to get another snake :cry: :cry:

p.s i hope he dosent get another

Hmmm, seems it is time you refer him to aussiepythons.com - hopefully we can convince him that thawing the rats is the go :)

This may sound a bit harsh but if this guy is half as stupid as he sounds do you really want him here? Feeding a snake frozen rats................arrrgh.

I'm with you SJ, he needs to come here and be educated quick smart !
And jm, yeah I think we want him here , what better purpose for a group like this than to set the misinformed, or those lacking in knowledge, straight. There was once a day when we all knew nothing about the hobby, and in my case it is thanks to people sharing their knowledge with me, the stupid novice, that my snakes are cared for correctly. I see it more of a duty than a chore to educate the unknowing, not that I know much myself mind you :)

Indeed popeye old friend :) Nothing wrong with having some fun here, thats what helps to keep the club going strong, but it's important not to lose sight of the underlying purpose of the community to educate people and promote the hobby with the good of the animal always of most importance.

i tried talking to him but hes one of those people that thinks the only way to do things is his way and everyone else is wrong

hes very stubon iv told people not to sell him a snake untill hes ready to learn abit about them

I'm with jmbrimer on this one.

While I agree that forums such as this are a good place for people to obtain info about reptiles some people shouldn't keep animals of any description.

No amount of information given to anyone with not an ounce of common sense would make up for the lack of it.

On top of that when sarahbell offered some sound advice he refused to see how wrong he was.

Just goes to show you can't turn a light on in someones head if the bulb is blown eh?

That was kinda what I meant - I guess it was a bit of a knee jerk response after I read the orig. post, but I was kinda mortified. If SarahBells already tried to tell him and he won't listen....I mean does he thaw out his fish fingers before he eats them?

im with fangs and jmbrimer this guy sounds like if he were here there would be many fights with members and him :(

No doubt the guys not to bright to say the least. You would think with a dead snake lying there, you might want to at least consider what someone else says, eh? Just figured with 15+ people telling him don't do it, and why, it might sink in. So what if it pisses him off, if it saves another poor snake. :evil:

when it comes to any sort of animal some people just dont have a clue :x

you should learn about anything before you do it :)

And to top it off there is no law to stop people like that from bringing children into this world.Scary eh? :roll:

thats why reptiles shouldn't be sold in petshops,
the breeder should of had a talk to him.
BUT it shouldn't all rely on the breeder

every time i've bought a reptile the breeders have always checked my housing and filled me in one it's feeding and everything

Yah!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm not a freakin egg anymore :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back