sand monitor help!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lemon

Not so new Member
Reaction score
g,day im looking at building a monitor enclosure please see my crappy drawing lol i am planing on using the space under my stairs and a bit. it gets sun for most of the day and i am planning on keeping a goulds goanna /varanas gouldii the thick line is the stairs lol and the thin line is the enclosure boundaries it is 5ftH at the highest point and 1fth at the lowest i am goin to partialy enclose the lowest part so he can hide in it. it is 7ftL and 7ft wide i am going to construct it from pine sleepers welded mesh (not chicken wire) do you think this will be suffecient room????? i dont wan him/her to be unhappy any help much appreciated

You are not allowed to use wire or mesh at all for turtles and lizards. Check EPA's website for conditions and restrictions. It gives dimensions for all types and sizes. Look up: Code of Practice - captive reptile and amphibian husbandry. They have printable guide and it is very handy to keep in your bookshelf. We built ours out of a betta poly mollassas tank that had not fully cured in the mould. We paid <$150 each. Ring your local supplier ask for any seconds. We are currently helping the local botanical gardens set their monitor tank up. Good luck!

cheer,s turtle man

thanx so much just what i was looking for thank you any one else want to throw in there 2 cents

Your plan is exactly what ive done. i got it under the stairs, ive got him in a tank now, hes only young. after hes grown i have built a Enclosure under the stairs that is 6ftLx9ftx5ft it is made out of glass sheets, you get these sheets from sliding glass doors, also for the door ive got a sliding glass door(full) which is the door to get into the enclosure you cna pick up some ceach glass sheets off ebay or wait for a local clean up and scab around( and remember, Just because you look home less doesnt mean you are : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back