Savage Galah....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My Scaley Breasted Lori just turned three, I have the exact same problem with her. She wont let anyone near me when shes out and is also incredibly cage defensive with my other (human) family members. It seems to be the norm with Lorikeets though, more of a one person bird. Though, we used to have two galahs as well, Cobber and Wharfy. Cobber would only be nice to the rottie, Blocka. Wharfy, however, was such a beautiful old man.

To try and change Eugenes' behaviour I've just been putting her away when she does something unsociable, like lunge and grab my grandmothers nose! :/
Yessss I had a scaley many years ago she swore like a trooper and was given to me by her owner because she somehow took a shine to me.... She behaved exactly as you described lol my cats were terrified of her as was Husband number 1 rofl (I liked him being attacked though :p )

Yessss I had a scaley many years ago she swore like a trooper and was given to me by her owner because she somehow took a shine to me.... She behaved exactly as you described lol my cats were terrified of her as was Husband number 1 rofl (I liked him being attacked though :p )

Haha, yeah it does come in handy when the little brother decides to be annoying :twisted:
, though like you, I am the only one to feed and clean out her cage. Nobody else really interacts with her because she isnt as big or funny and the other parrots. Cant blame her to a degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back