scorpion care sheets

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol..........What scorps are you getting Craig? There are mainly two types in pet stores - Urodacus sp. (which they call desert scorps) and Liocheles (which they call rainforest scorps).

Both can be kept in a 6-12inch tank with peat moss (make sure you get the pure peat moss with nothing added). You need a rock in there for it to live under and I usually burrow out a little under it. Keep temps between 20-30 degrees, heating only one side of the tank with either a red lamp pointing at it, or a heat pad under one half of it. They don't need a water bowl, just put some leaf litter in the tank and mist it every day. Scorps scoop water droplets off the leaves. They have an invetabrae diet, so crickets, mealworms and woodies are the best. If the scorp doesn't eat within 2 days, remove the food item. Liocheles scorps can be kept together in a tank, but Urodacus are too territorial and will kill each other.

Most caresheets online relate to keeping overseas scorpions, ours have similar but some different requirements.

I hope this helps a little.

-Naomi

craig.a.c said:
I am thinking about getting a desert scorpian.

Yeah, they are pretty easy to keep. Just remember, only the pet shops call them desert scorps (they call them that because of their colour apparently), the ones in the pet stores are usually collected in tropical NQ so need a humid environment. Couple of mists a week are good, and don't keep them on the red desert sand that the pet shops usually have them on, use peat moss.

Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back