Sellers of "QLD 24" exposed

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beknluke

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Name: Vivienne Lapham (sold them to me under the name of Nicole Jones)
Partners name is Mick/Mike/Michael Riddle

Suburb: Redlynch

I have given these dets for no other reason than because I have been informed that they have been advertising the bubs for sale and I couldn't live with myself if I didn't at least give people the chance to decide if they still wanted to buy... :?

Onya Bex! What you went through was truly horrendous and no one should ever have to go through anything of the like. Your doing the right thing and are just concerned for others out there and I highly commend you for that :)

Good one Bex , they deserve nothing less then what they have done . If nothing happens to them through the right channels in QLD , maybe you should inform the right channels that you will put it in the papers . Seems to always scare the sh-t out them and make them accountable for there jobs . Good luck with your animals .

Hi

I am happy to PM you the direct number for the EPA reptile ranger in Cairns if you like.

Maybe you will have more luck this way then going through EPA Qld?

Cheers in advance.

P.S. I thought the humidity was to high for Beardies up here anyway - I thought they hated humidity.

Hi Ari
Thanx for that :) I have been told that a really good EPA guy up there is on annual leave till Monday - I wonder if this is the same person?
And you're right, beardies don't like humidity since they're from hot dry areas.
Rockman hun, after what I have dug up about these animals and what they have (and what I am going through because of Vivienne) I wouldn't be at all surpirsed if your suspicions about that tank were correct....
Bex

Thought as such. If these beardies are being kept in a none dehumidified room, or a room with out some sort of air conditioning in Cairns, plus unsanitary conditions, which I dont know - well no wonder they have a fungus problem. Its that humid up here that mould grows on leather.

I think it maybe an RSPCA issue as well as EPA.

Its that humid that when I sit out side at night I sweat.

I breed geckos - and I have had to adjust the reptile room to suit - which means lowering the humidity.

The sad thing is that if these people are selling these to others in the FNQ, with this fungus disorder it will spread like wild fire - as many people dont seem to quarantine new arrivals.

Did you know that they think antibiotics maybe the cause of this fungus in beardies??? So I heard.

Good luck
BEX

Thanx Ari
They were kept outside in a pit from my understanding, and judging by all of their injuries :evil:
RSPCA are already involved and last time I spoke to them, they were waiting on some updated vet reports from the vet who had been seeing them, and waiting on a call back from QPWS.
And yep, I think that I have read quite a bit about antibiotics starting the YFD in some animals - but they came to me with it already, and when you take into consideration the neglect that these animals were shown, I seriously doubt that they were treated with any antibiotics.
Other ways that they are said to contract it is from the soil (they were in a pit so that's possible) and bird poo which gets into the soil.
And yep, I would expect that the animals that they are selling might have the fungus too if these ones are anything to go off.
Anyone who cam be warned in Nth QLD would be appreciated.
Bex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back