Sending Central Netted Dragons interstate

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragons_Lair

Not so new Member
Reaction score

Hi, I’m considering air freighting a couple of baby central netted dragons I currently have for sale when the hot weather subsides and have a few questions that need answers before I decide whether to proceed or not.

As I would deliver them to the airport terminal personally and insist that they were collected at the other end by the buyer, my main concerns are appropriate packaging and required documentation.

As for packaging, what I had in mind was a 5lr plastic storage container (as pictured) only with plenty of holes drilled in the lid and sides for ventilation and the lid taped down with duct tape. Inside this I was planning to place each lizard in his or her own goose necked cotton bag tied at the top and surrounded by a layer of shredded newspaper for cushioning. Is this considered acceptable packaging for air cargo?

As far as documentation goes, am I required to organize any paperwork (other than a movement advice) in order to send out of Qld to anywhere in Australia?

If an import permit is required anywhere in Australia, Am I required to sight and or possess a copy of the import permit prior to sending?

SDC11777.JPG

I think you will need to check with who you are freighting with as they have their own regulations.
I know last time I received something via freight it was in a wooden box with a screwed down lid.
Can't help with the permits though sorry.

Last time I recieved something from QLD it was in a container the same as the one your planning on using. Just put a cable tie through a couple of holes on each side. Just gives you a bit more assurance that it won't open.

Being in QLD you don't need an export license and all that you need is the number on the import permit from the buyer. You can ask to see the permit but don't have too.

Thanks for the info people. The cable ties look like a great idea and I’ll definitely take that onboard.

Mission accomplished! Decided against using the container in my op as the top is made of a different material to the body and it allowed way too much give if a small heavy item was dropped on top of it. Ended up going with a container more like the one in animal805’s post and it worked a treat. As senator stated, an export permit was not required to send out of Qld and the import permit was generated online by my buyer in Sydney and was emailed to her almost instantly. Thanks again guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back