Shark Dive at Manly

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

froglet

Reaction score
Well at the moment i am on holidays in sydney & i had to do the shark dive at Manly.
I just wanted to say how great it actually was. The sharks were coming right up to us & the loggerhead turtle was almost hitting us on the head with his flippers.

If anyone is tempted to do this dive i highly recommend it. The instructors were exellent as well.

I will post pics when i get home to melbourne.

pics

as promised a few pics of the dive

Last edited:
Nice pics. I did that one years ago. Did you find any teeth? I think I got one.

Nah didnt find any teeth, would have been nice if i had.
I was just amazed at how close the sharks actually got. the ones at melbourne didnt come within cooee of us

AWESOME froglet, how good is it? I did mine a few years ago and it was great. I had the turtle barrell me over and the largest of the rays sat right on top of me. Just brilliant :)

That's at the big fancy aquarium iN Darling Habour? I love that place for one reason - WOBBEGONGS!!!!

Nice pics......i did the same dive as well and i loved it. I see the Shark with scholeosis (pic 3) is still kicking about. I loved every minute of mine. I now know where to dive with them in the wild so can do it for free but would still go back to the shark dive at manly at the drop of a hat. Very well organised.

http://b4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00942/47/74/942904774_l.jpg

Last edited:
That's at the big fancy aquarium iN Darling Habour? I love that place for one reason - WOBBEGONGS!!!!

No not the one at darling harbour. which i spent a good 3-4 hours at but the one in manly.

They have a really nice wobbegong at manly called brutis

Nice pics......i did the same dive as well and i loved it. I see the Shark with scholeosis (pic 3) is still kicking about. I loved every minute of mine. I now know where to dive with them in the wild so can do it for free but would still go back to the shark dive at manly at the drop of a hat. Very well organised.

http://b4.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/00942/47/74/942904774_l.jpg

Yes they were very well organised.
of all the three aquaurium dives that i have done (melb, shunshine coast, manly) i would have to say that this one was top of the list.

Pity we cant dive with grey nurse down here in melb

Yes they were very well organised.
of all the three aquaurium dives that i have done (melb, shunshine coast, manly) i would have to say that this one was top of the list.

Pity we cant dive with grey nurse down here in melb
If you ever come up this way let me know. I can let you know where a few of the spots are or show you them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back