sheddin childs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ceramics4herps

Reaction score
howdy all, i got a little beauty childs around the 40 cm mark,It has shedded its skin around two weeks ago.It looks pretty cloudy at the moment so i rekon its sheedin it again as its eyes look cloudy aswell,how often do they shed and is there anythink to do to help it.Its been a great snake eats every 7 days with a great stike to the pinky,lets me handle it ever day without givin me a strike or hit ,just cuddles....... i love it to bits.....hope my missus dont read this !!! hehehe ...scott

Hey Scoot
Congrats on the new sanke. They will shed quite often when young but just how often depends on how much they are being fed. Don't panic too much just dont feed it hen they are shedding as the lump can make it hard to slogh the skin. Most will refuse a feed anyway
SL

Gday Scott!
Congrats on the Childrens! Where did u get it from? Looks like a Mac tho in your avatar pic?

Hey Scoot
Congrats on the new sanke. They will shed quite often when young but just how often depends on how much they are being fed. Don't panic too much just dont feed it hen they are shedding as the lump can make it hard to slogh the skin. Most will refuse a feed anyway
SL

Yes yes...true... It really depends on how much they are fed...Mine took ages to shed whilst on 2 pinkie mice every 5-7 days, but once i moved it up to one pinkie rat it every 5-7 days it shed after 3 feeds...So it depends on how often and how much you feed it...thats my opinion/experience anyways...:p

My Childrens now feeds less often (every 10-12days) and last feeding it ate a fuzzie rat instead of its pinkie rat that it rejected...My other snake ate his and she rejected hers after that so they swapped dinners lol:lol:...So I am guessing it will shed soon...He's about 5 months old now

Just watch and wait...Good luck:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back