Shell-less alpine tortise

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beard

Reaction score
I found this alpine tortise in my garden and its lost its shell. I'd better keep it til it grows back (I thing the recent flooding must have washed it off). Any advice on how best to keep it. I've thrown a handfull of woodies in the tub with it.

I think i can see its shell on the ground next to it! It has also suffered a horrific photo injury, the picture has cut off its tail and is doomed to die.

dude its supposed to drop its shell, it will be fine stop taking things illegally and just let it go. let nature take its course.

You have a big job ahead growing that shell back. Good luck.

I'm still waitin' on my king olive python. I already sent my money. Should I be worried?

I'm still waitin' on my king olive python. I already sent my money. Should I be worried?

No, the crown gets in the way of their navigational system. Shouldn't be too long before it finds it way 'home' :)

How many times do I have to tell you... it's TURTLE... we don't have 'tortoises' in Australia. If you would just learn the correct lingo I am certain your identification skills could advance.

As for how to best to keep it... They need plenty of UV and lots of room. So an outdoor pit is strongly recommended. I'd reckon one about 10km x 10km and including a water course, should be adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back