SheOak Skink

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think these skinks would be keepable in Qld with the right setup and if the owner went to enough trouble. That said you might have difficulty even finding them in the hobby as this She-oak species, Cyclodomorphus casuarinae,are endemic to Tasmania.
If you wanted to keep similar animals you would be much better off trying to get the Mainland She-oak Skink, Cyclodomorphus michaeli or Pink Tongued Skinks, C.gerrardi. Both are more readily available and would do much better in a Qld climate.

Great Skinks Tas. Kept them when i was in Tassie, have to admit they rivaled my blueys pretty well :D

I think these skinks would be keepable in Qld with the right setup and if the owner went to enough trouble. That said you might have difficulty even finding them in the hobby as this She-oak species, Cyclodomorphus casuarinae,are endemic to Tasmania.
If you wanted to keep similar animals you would be much better off trying to get the Mainland She-oak Skink, Cyclodomorphus michaeli or Pink Tongued Skinks, C.gerrardi. Both are more readily available and would do much better in a Qld climate.
Thanks mate i've got a few other skinks just had a soft spot for these ones I like the mainland ones to.
PS. I like them all lol.

Thanks mate i've got a few other skinks just had a soft spot for these ones I like the mainland ones to.
PS. I like them all lol.
No worries they seem like awesome skinks. I reckon if you've got a relatively cool house and use deep coir peat you might be able to get away with it but I'd seek better advise than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back