show us your aquatic aquariums

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Renagade

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey i've been working at my new aquarium. it's a freashwater tropical, got heaps of different cichlids, some brissel nose and some clown loaches. i think its nearly there. i have banned myself frome the aquarium/fish shops now. i had too:shock: has anyone else got tanks set up with fish in them they could post??? i've seen some good fighting fish shots, show us your aquariums.

Attachments

• aquarium.jpg
    aquarium.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 228
Hahah 'aquatic aquariums' - as opposed to..?

Just wanted to say that is a really great aquarium!! I've always wanted to set up a big aquarium, but I'm scared it'd be too much work or I'd just stuff it up.. Plus I'd lose money quicker than if I was burning it!!

Looks great

Hahah 'aquatic aquariums' - as opposed to..?

...those used as terrariums. many use aquariums as dry animal homes, he was asking for specifically setups used when filled with water..

this ISNT mine, but its a cool aquarium i found on google.. i think its two albino RES

75779741_Ze5NgwpZ_IMG_2345.jpg

oneday i want a nice HUGE aquarium with big fish, little fish and some turts.. (everyone has dreams)

my little aquarium

This is nothing flash but I enjoy watching them swim around very relaxing.

Attachments

• me 020.jpg
    me 020.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 90
  • me 021.jpg
    me 021.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 94
  • me 022.jpg
    me 022.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 88
here is my marine tank that i have had going for almost 3 years ive got a scopaz tank, pixi halk, 2 fire gobys, and a 2 fre clowns its like my pride and joy....its my everything:D

and i love my snakes to :D

Attachments

• tank34.jpg
    tank34.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 109
  • tank 5.1107.jpg
    tank 5.1107.jpg
    182.7 KB · Views: 187
I think an aquarium filled with dirt becomes a terrarium anyway.. It isn't an aquarium unless it has water in it IMO!

These are really awesome, everyone. Marine tank.. *drool*...

a terrarium or vivarium is something designed specifically for, or altered to house a reptile, whether it be an aquarium in the first place or not. not starting a fight, just sharing an opinion... :D

yummy tanks everyone.. lol, i love the blue light..

Sigridshurte that is a very good looking marine tank.

i have a marine tank, will get some pics asap, been meaning to for a whil now.
vertebrates:
3x ocellaris clowns
2x fire gobies
1x banana wrasse
1x diadom dotty back
1x indian blenny

inverts:
elegance coral
green frog spawn
devils finger
finger coral
hammer coral
sun coral
snails

i have a few tanks going but the only decent one is overgrown so will post a pic when i fix it all up lol

Renegade : I was just checking out your cichlid set up, looks awesome, but out of curiosity do you have very many little caves in there? I might just not be able to see them, but depending on how many cichlids you have I would definately suggest some piles of limestone so that they have some caves - otherwise they get nasty!

Everyones tanks look awesome! I would post some of mine but it is filthy at the moment (no, not because I am slack on cleaning) I have two Oscars and they are rather grotty. Will post pics in a couple days after a clean out :)

Nice Sigrid, haven't thought about putting some of the larger Tangs in there?

I know lots of them are coral eaters and disturb the live rock, but my Blue Tang left them alone.

Yellow tangs aren't too bad either.

Flame Angel would be my fav of the Marine fish though.. Or Emperor Angel..

This is mine the father in-law did the woodwork

Attachments

• DSCN10170110.jpg
    DSCN10170110.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 92
  • DSCN10180111.jpg
    DSCN10180111.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 110
i have a marine tank, not very interesting though, just a bunch of live rock and....
vertebrates:
1x Brownbanded Bamboo Shark
2x ocellaris clowns
3x stripeys
1x mono/butterbream/whatever
3x little black striped things, never found out their name lol

and i would love to get a flame angel

inverts:
umm one pink mushy thing that came with the live rock..
can't get starfish or shrimpy things because the bamboo shark will eat em :p
(not sure about starfish, but i was warned..)

I would love to set up a predator tank someday soon too

also setting up a filey tank, but i don't have a camera.. i might borrow one :p
here's an old pic of the bamboo shark and some of the fish (the damsels have since disappeared.. hmm)
and a pic of the shark i used to have, with the (very scared looking) mono

Attachments

• shark.jpg
    shark.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 117
  • sharky1.jpg
    sharky1.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 118
yea my tang is good he doesnt nip at the corals or anything i used to have a blue tang but he died for no reason ne day after having him 2 years ....very strange.

thanks for the complaments :)

Oh WOW! I've always wanted a Bamboo Shark! Where'd you get it from, if you don't mind me asking?

I have 3 tanks at the moment; two tropicals and a cold water.

1 tank has:
6 x Pakistani Loaches
1 x Sergeant Major Loach
5 x Kuhli Loaches (4 striped, 1 brown)
2 x Golden Barbs
3 x Firetailed Gudgeons
4 x Bristlenose Catfish
1 x Black Ghost Knife
5 x Zebra Danios

1 tank has about 20-odd Sunshine Peacock Cichlid Fry. VERY nice colouration showing up on these bubs and the other tank just has a small assortment of mollies, platys and guppies which I got as babies out of work's sump. Haha.

I'm getting a 4fter in a few days and am going to have a school of Rummynose Tetras in there.

cool tanks (aquatic, ha ha)guys, yeah i have heaps of stuff for them to hide in, caves and stuff i find the ordamental hides a bit tacky so ive hidden most of them behind plants, dam rusty cichlid has dug out under that wood center piece. i'm going to add some slate in there too soon.

I actually got the bamboo shark from Underwater World, because I used to work at a school where they had it as part of the marine science program. I looked after it there, but they don't run that program any more :( so free shark for me :)

If you ask at most aquariums they should be able to order one in.

It's funny because people say they are one of the hardest animals to look after, but that was my first marine experience, and he has lived through power outages and everything :lol: although some of the other schools had shocking stories of how theirs died, our school was the only one that never had a shark die (we had 3, one after the other, that went back to UWW when they were too big)

Just note that they do get quite large (over 1m), and would need a massive tank when they are adult size. Or you could just donate it to UWW and buy another one, but its hard to say goodbye :(
A 5x2x2 tank would give it at least a couple of years, depending on how much you feed it and how quickly it grows. The second pic I posted earlier is about a year old, and about 18 inches. The first pic was about a month or two old.
(speaking of which, i have a 5x2x2 tank for sale if you would like it :p:lol: )

anyway i'll shut up now, PM if you have any Q's...

show more aquarium setups!!! :) (of the aquatic variety)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back