Sick Beardie

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dicco

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi all, my neighbours found a baby eastern beardie in their backyard yesterday morning and seeing how they have a dog & cat they let it go in my backyard. But I've noticed it can't open one eye and has some wounds that are starting to heal up near the eye and on top of it's head. It hadn't moved at all since yesterday by this morning and was still in the exact same position and isn't really reacting to anything . I've given it water and I'm going to try get it to eat some crickets, does any-one have any other advice? all help will be appreciated.
Cheers

Keep it warm and hydrated, try to get it eating. darken off the holding container, reduce handling to min to reduce stress. All i can think of unless you take it to a vet. cheers

Thanks guys, she's going fairly good now. Yesterday I convinced her to have a few baby grasshaoppers and she took a little water from a eye dropper. She's still not very active but she's starting to puff up in defefnce now and she was moving about last night. I'll keep you posted on her progress.
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back