sickness???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpoke

Reaction score
Hi i had a central netted get put to sleep this week the vet never specified what was wrong he said probably just an infection or virus as he was very small, now just realised that my water dragon is nearly dead eyes slightly open and mouth movements softly bites on finger, all lights heating and enclosure is by the book. He is near other snakes and lizards will this harm them, thanks

if anyone looks at this i would love some help cus i do not want my other animals to die
Hey there,

really sorry for your loss :(

I can't personally offer any help,
but I know before others can you'll need to add more specific information about symptoms, and the time frame in which it happened...
had you introduced anything new to the tank etc etc

hopefully you get help...but yeah just put up more info :)

Casey

alright
i had a central netted dragon whinch i had to get put down....
he wasnt very well at all the vet said he was only little and was most probably just a virus/infection.that was only yesterday and now today about 1:30 am my wa†er dragon is pretty much dead hewaas fine all day has been eatingtemps are good, calcium uv all good just out of the blue this has happened but as i have other lizards and snakes im am concerned that this is contagious

anyone sprayed anything near your reptiles?
do you sanitize your hands prior to handling your other reptiles?
Feeding them bugs from the floor etc?
there is almost an unlimited amount of possibilities, sorry :/

if you can, remove him/her from the room where your other reps are... that might help a little. Just make sure you have some vitamins on hand for them all, it will just prop their immune system up a little.

what are the symptoms?
heavy breathing? seemingly moist breathing? seizures? odd movement? anything coming from their mouthes/noses?

Sorry about all the questions, it's just the information people will need too suggest causes...

either way take your other sick lizard to the vet and ask them to determine the cause and treat him, that's the only way you'll truly know what it is, if it's contagious and how to combat it...

best of luck, I hope he pulls through,

Casey

You need to give specifics on your husbandry, you cant just say all good or by the book. because your definition of these cause be very wrong. most little dragons, die due to husbandry problems.

You need to give specifics on your husbandry, you cant just say all good or by the book. because your definition of these cause be very wrong. most little dragons, die due to husbandry problems.

...and "stress" (for any reason) is the BIGGEST killer in captive reptiles known to man.

I agree with Helikaon on this - PLEASE give us some more details (specifics - where the enclosure/s is/are, substrate, temps, diet etc) so we can hopefully answer your questions.

I am dreadfully sorry you have lost your two dragons (I'd also be insisting the vet do a necropsy, but that's just me - vague vets are dangerous)... :(

Best,
Carolyn

the water dragon was actually across from a male bearded dragon so as lizard lady has said i now think it my have been stress cus the male i believe could see the water dragon and he is very lively and is always scratching at hes enclosure. and what looked like he has been head bobbing quiete allot
The male beardie did come only recently but i was unable to put him with my 2 females as there was allot of ruckus. i also think he was wanting to bread but im not sure if there ready and he ended up sitting in a corner of the enclosure my two females are in. so i think as he is a bit small i think he tried to get the through the hierachy but was unable thats why i put him back in his enclosure but it was acrosss from the water dragon. so as bad as it is for me that 2 of my animals have passed on i now think and hope it may just be stress

Do you quarantine your new arrivals? and when was your last new arrival?

As Helikaon said, if you want a more educated answer rather than a stab in the dark we will need a lot more husbandry info

Sorry to hear about your loss

First find a vet who knows something about reptiles. Second, be responsible and don't get more until you know what happened.

we have a reptile vet just down the road and he said just an infection with the central netted and he put the water dragon to stress and they were un related just bad luck

Its a sad result
Just keep a pretty close eye on the rest for a while
without a full autopsy the vet is also a bit in the dark here
So it possibly could still be a bug etc of some type

I an NOT saying it is a bug etc etc but it possibly could be

Once you get a sick animal quaranteen them straight away because whatever your sick animal had probably past it along witch will infext all your animals hopefully not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back