Skink id ? ( Kings park ,Perth)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugizo

Reaction score
IMG_4664.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

any people know what sp is it ? thank you

It looks alot like a Hemiergis quadrilinata or as most people call them Yellow-bellied Garden Skink.

Yeah you guys are right, looks like I need some new field guides, my books didnt even have that species

its a Hermiergis sp...you need to count the toes to split the species around Perth

Cheers
Scott

thank you everyone ,I just check my field guide ( from Steve Swanson) , i can't find anything about this sp , and information about this ?I think this sp is quite common in Perth , i saw few when sunny day

thank you everyone ,I just check my field guide ( from Steve Swanson) , i can't find anything about this sp , and information about this ?I think this sp is quite common in Perth , i saw few when sunny day
Yeah thats the book I had on hand when I mis-identified the skink, its a good picture but as a field guide its missing a far few species

Hi Sugizo,

Steve Swansons book lacks a lot of information on the less commonly seen species of reptiles. There are a couple of far more informative books available, including Steve Wilsons "A Complete Guide to Reptiles of Australia" . If you wanted something specifically about the skinks of Western Australia, there's also the Western Australian Museums book, Lizards of Western Australia - Skinks.

Just click on the links to be able to view more information about them.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back