Skink ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bruty

Reaction score
Hello,
Can anyone help me ID this little fellow please?

Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3

It's about 3-4cm long. I found it in my garage this morning near South Head, Sydney. I'm sure it must be common but have spent an hour looking through my field guide and can't find a match. I'm new to reptiles/australia and am not sure if I'm trying to identify male, female or hatchling. It did, however, look pretty well developed.
Thanks a lot.

Nah they get to about 10cm, maybe a little bigger. Cool little guys, extremely common in the wild, but very rare in captivity.

Its just a garden skink nothin special you should be seeing lots of them

:cry:

They're one of the coolest herps! If only they were more common in captivity!

It is pretty stupid, we are allowed to feed them to reptiles that need to eat lizards(in qld) and millions would get mowed(even by hippocritical herpers), but they are one of the rarer species in legal captive collections. They would be far more interesting to keep than any python. Lots of ppl think they are boring because they lack the "look at me im differant factor" but they are really cool little critters.

It is pretty stupid, we are allowed to feed them to reptiles that need to eat lizards(in qld) and millions would get mowed(even by hippocritical herpers), but they are one of the rarer species in legal captive collections. They would be far more interesting to keep than any python. Lots of ppl think they are boring because they lack the "look at me im differant factor" but they are really cool little critters.
There rare in collections because there everywhere if i had pythons and dragons runing around my house i wouldent keep them cos if i wanted to see or watch one in its native
enviroment id just go outside:D and if everyone had them in there collections they wouldent be so commen would they:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back