Skink ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonnB

Reaction score
Ok can anyone help with the ID of this little fellow?

My guess is - Lampropholis delicata

Attachments

• skink.jpg
    skink.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 157
hi Moreliac, i would call that for lampropholis amicula

cheers HK.

aw its gorgeous did u see that somewhere up ur way? i love the colour of it

Yeah got him in the backyard. he was nice and friendly, picked him up and sat him on the fence and he just sat there so i could get some pics... Vain little buggar:)

hi Moreliac, i would call that for lampropholis amicula

cheers HK.

Im was sure it was from the Lampropholis species. Can you tell me what makes you think its a lampropholis amicula? Im still learning to id skinks properly.

I have a feeling its Lampropholis delicata, you would need a clearer pic to split of amicula (they have 5 supracillaries.
Cheers,
Scott

I have a feeling its Lampropholis delicata, you would need a clearer pic to split of amicula (they have 5 supracillaries.
Cheers,
Scott
Thanks Eipper. Unfortunately i didnt get a better head shot.

i keep one, not entirely sure on its scientific name but in sa we call it a common garden skink. some are really sluggish but mines really energetic.

gecko mad, u have to be careful i noticed u said u have marbleds etc aswel on here, in s.a its illegal to be catching things and keeping them
im not having a go at u i just wanted to tell u that its not allowed so u dont get introuble and so u can learn a bit more
maby release the things u have got that ur keeping that u havent purchased, and save up for something u can get from a breeder etc on a permit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back