Slatesman favorite topic.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Slateman

As you all know now, i am studying my snakes ****s more than average.
Must say that snakes who eat only rats do not show to much fur in they stool. But the snakes i am feeding with Rabbits do have larger deposits of fur and you can say what colour rabbit was on lunch. Looks like fur is hard to digest and what is going in is going out with out colour change.
That made me decide to feed rabbit only every 3th feeding and keep it as variety food only.
Stool after rabbit looks bit runny with hard boulch of hairs fallowing but rat is nice solid stool every time.

That is the news from your daily stool watch in slate house.

do you have a stool cam so that we all can watch

Ha ha Sh.. is important. Sometime good relief is better than bad sex LOL

Slateman - My Favorite Scatophile.
Actually stools are often the first sign of problems, keeping an eye on them is a good idea.
two comments :

With my yearling WPs a lot of rodent goes in, very little comes out, and most of that is fur.

Also in the cage I have three false logs, the snakes used the two smaller to hide in and the bigger one as a toilet. Now that they don't comfortably fit in the smaller logs, they hide in the larger log until nature calls, use the log as a toilet then move out until I clean the cage. :?

i heard you can find teeth in snake poo. is that true?

If you dig thru your snakes poo, you might possibly find the snakes teeth. occasionally they break off in a food item and seem to present no probs, although one gaboon viper was said to have died after swalling one of itsown fangs which peirced its intestines or something. I read this on internet report from cogger. I dont dig btw, i wrap and dispose, often wearing a peg! lol

LOL fuscus. I am getting reputation here. You are right about first signs of sickness to see by stool. I always can tell if they have parasites in intestines by it. If the stool is not right 3 time in row, i am going to vet and they usually always need shot.

on the topic...
what does a healthy stoll look like?? Only just got my first snake, blond mac, and she does little hard white ones.
cheers
jamie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back