small dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cullo

Reaction score
I was just wondering what are the smallest varieties of australian dragons, I like the painted dragons but they don't have much of a life span. Any comments much appreciated. Thanks

I like the painted dragons but they don't have much of a life span.
I've heard they can live for over 10 years in captivity, similar lifespan to other small dragons; netteds, jackys, tawnys etc.

Really, I heard they only live for around a year, but if they can live for that long I might look around for some of them, does anyone know of any breeders on the nsw central coast?

I think someone on this site advertised some the other week for $150 each, from memory he was on the Central Coast or Newcastle. Depending on how many you want you may be better off importing some from Roy Pails who is selling them for $88ea.

Pm Glemmerman, he has a breeding pair, beautiful little guys too. Definately live for more than a year, but I think Pails is the way to go. He is great to deal with and quality reptiles too.

I am a huge fan of Southern Forest dragons. I don't think there too big and look great.

Simone.

Painted dragons can live for alot longer than a year provided they are cared for properly.
Males will live up to 6-8years without much hassle, females on the other hand if they are let go to breed as much they like will only live for a year or two.
Our painteds dropped 2 clutches this season and may drop another but that would be enough for one season.
They are excellent little guys to keep, very active and interesting, always doing something.
They are not good as pet given their small size, but ours a tame enough that they will eat from our fingers without any hesitation.
I did have some for sale a while ago but then i lost 3 babies in the heat a couple of weeks ago :(

Heres a pic of how small hatchlings are:
132-3231_IMG.jpg

Heres our adults:
128-2823_IMG.jpg

Cheers
Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back