snails.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eddie2257

Reaction score
hi guys i have had a female pink tongue skink for about a month or so now and i can nly get him to eat snails( this was fine untill the pet shop couldent get them anymore), iv tryed everything from fruit to cat food, does anyone know were i can get bulk snails?
thanks eddie
also im in the central coast area but willingt o travel to sydney or souronding areas.

Don't think it's your fault -- Pink-tongues, in the wild, only eat snails and slugs.

Reptile Food

If you email them, they'll usually do a good price for bulk.

In the long term, especially if you're getting more snail eaters, it'd be worth your while setting up a small aquarium and breeding golden apple snails- they breed quickly, year round, get pretty big and the skinks love them.

thanks pythonLegs, i just emailed them, i have another pink tongue but he eats anything its just this one,
eddie.

You can buy snails in cans. They look disgusting and stink, but your pink tongue might not mind.

Mine were the opposite, they used to refuse snails. Now I get fresh ones from the petstore for a decent price.
Mysnakesau, I tried those but my pink tongues refused them, they only like the expensive fresh ones :|

I breed my own. I'd suggest that. It's not hard. At all. You can find info on the net or you can message me and I'll tell you what I do.
I just moved my 3 Pink Tongues into the bedroom yesty. Love the fussy little critters.
Mine didn't even look at the canned snails either.

im nice to people with kids, on rainy nights they send their kids out snail collecting fro teh shingles,.. :p

otherwise theres a place called snails bon appetit in the hunter valley that sell them by the half kilo or kilo,....and will ship them

Chris is that a place that sells them for human consumption? Yuck! The thought sounds disgusting, but my X, coming from a French background, was a fan of snails. He never ever warmed to my humor, though, when ever I pulled them off my plants. hehe

lol, yep, it is fro human consumption,...theyre kind enough to put pet packs together too! :p

after reading on teh weekend about the kid that died from the bacteria slugs and snails carry i wouldnt be eating them myself!!

My grandmothers property is infested with snails she would usually collect 200+ snails a day im sure she can get you lots for a very low price.
Jarrod

bye the way im also on the central coast (davistown)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back