Snake eating a dog..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At first i thought it was a muntjac or other little asian deer but every time i look at it i start to agree that it's a capiburra

Well I don't think its a capyburra - they don't have tails or long legs. It looks like a deer in colouring but has paws - I thought deer had hooves.

I vote "dog". Legs are not spindly enough and are too short for a deer. There appear to be claws on feet, not a hoof and tail is too long for deer. Hair is too short and head too small for a for Capybara.

It looks much more like a deer to me.

And that closeup looks like hooves to me, which only confirms my belief.

And for those that are interested, there are over 50 different species of deer (in three families) ranging in size from tiny little pudus and chevrotains up to red deer and reindeer. There are also some small antelope that look similar to deer.

:p

Hix

Its obviously a captive snake so I think its far more likely to be eating a GOAT than a deer. I don't reckon its a dog.

It's a deer as you can see the black line running down the front of its leg (in the close up) and its foot is cloved and it has very small hind quarters like a deer too.
Congo

I reckon it might be a bunny. The hooves of a deer would definitely be visible - all I eat is deer and fish!
Those feet look to be haired underneath like a rabbit's, and a fluffy tail too.
Weird colour for a rabbit but as Australeps said it's a captive snake so probably a domestic bred food item hey?
Probably wrong :lol:

looks like a deer to me take a look at the paws dogs have pads on their feet not hoofs.....

My vote is for a quadruped.

Anybody got some good pics of a serpent devouring a cat?

Id of thought capybarra too seeing front legs shorter than back ones, but i bow to superior fauna knowledge, If Hix reckons deer, Its prolly a deer. Eitherway its dead but not wasted, nature recycles.

Dog

It looks like a red Kelpie, take a look at the foot it is pointed down and its pad is lighter in colour the nail is quite obvious as well. The dog does not look like it was struggling in any way and dig not look too squashed so I would say it was dead already or at least a sleep. :(

craig.a.c said:
I thought that it looked like a capiburra (not sure how to spell it). They are from south america, from the same family as rats and rabbits if I remember correctly.

sorry dude but it isn't a capy. i have heaps of docos on the amazon and checked but it isn't because of the leg lengths (too long) and head size (too small). plus i don't think that many people have pet albino burmese in the amazon region (only place for capyburra) or people going to the amazon to smuggle capys for snake food to take a pic of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back