Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if its a king snake this person saw in there backyard then its an exotic & shouldn't be there if its a bandy bandy well that native 2 the area.Am l right or wrong u tell me please as l'd like 2 know if u read the 1st msg theres a pic of a king snake.

read the original post properly

---------- Post added 15-Jan-11 at 01:06 AM ----------

Hi all you snake lovers,

Does anyone know what kind of Australian snake is similiar to the attached pic?

I've attached a pic of a Californian Kind Snake as it's the closest I could find on the web to the snake we saw this evening.

yeah thanks 4 that hornet ur right there asking what aussie snake looks like a king.

Thats what l was thinking but l think theres no point in even having a say anymore.last time l was band of the site 4 name calling.When l was talking about a python l had brought not the person l got it from.And the funny thing is that l had posted it 5 days b4 l got band 4 a week what a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a bandy bandy caught in one of the cell blocks at the local prison. The officers killed it (only a baby, 40 cms long) and my one brought it for me to identify. I kept it and it's on display in an airtight container in that preservative stuff that's like metho but not. You know the stuff.

Bandy Bandys are still fairly common in the western suburbs of Sydney. There just not commonly seen as they live underground. On certain nights they are most commonly seen crossing roads.

Stephens Bandeds however do not occur in Sydney. Their southern range being Ourimbah, Kulnura, Buckerty on the Central Coast

Just found a Bandy Bandy (dead, sadly) in Elanora Heights. How far south do they go?

Long live the Bandy!

I've found Bandies as far south as I live (Morisset) and Stephens as far west as Sydney but slightly further west, into the mountains. That snake pictured is neither a Bandy Bandy or a Hoplocephalus, both have rather distinctive head shapes that it does not show.
I'll agree with those saying it is probably an exotic.

Just some pics of Bandy vs Hoplo head shape, although they aren't the greatest pics.

Hoplocephalus stephensii by
Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Vermicella annulata by Stephen Mahony, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back