Snake id if possible

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Reaction score
Hi all
I was up at coolum today & saw a little snake about 2.5ft long, thicker than a pen, goldish tan to mid brown colour with a big black dot / saddle on back of neck, anyone know what it might be? & no i didn't get pics i was to slow & he was to fast.

It would of been an eastern brown as they are very common in coolum and surrounds.
Speckled and western browns are not found anywhere near this area.

That's quite scary to think this was on the main street in coolum near the shops & my 4yo was running in the garden & jumped over it & landed about 4 inches away from it & it did'nt strike at him, but ate a skink less than a minute later.

the beach front is thick with them, ive relocated heaps over the years from the beach, the surf club, shops and tickle park.

Did i get it right?! YAY! I have never tried to id a snake untill i got a new id book of snakes

It's a brown, seen 'em around where I used to live quite a bit, in fact, one bit me cat, cost me heaps at the vets, and the poor cat died anyway. I wouldn't forget young browns in a hurry!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back