Some Diporiphora pics at last

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Well some people asked for pics of these a while ago so thought i'd finally add some pics. These are Diporiphora winneckei (cane grass dragons) I have a pair of adult males and 2 juvies so need at least 1 of them to be female. I lost 2 very early on which was a shame and apart from one of the current juvies going off food for a while and nearly losing it they have been pretty easy to keep. Keep them in 55l (i think) storage tubs with a dichroic light for their heat. They all have a piece of spinifex grass to sleep in and mallee wood for a basking spot.

DSCF5002.jpg

DSCF5001.jpg

DSCF5000.jpg

Will try and grab some more pics this arvo

Can you add in a quick pic of how you set up the dichroics please?

yup will grab you a pic of the lights today.

cool looking dragons,i ember seeing a similar looking species in brisbane,really small,very long tails,2 lined dragons,cute little things,what area do the cane grass dragons come from??????certainly dont hear much of them,i assume they would be great to keep to

these guys are 1st gen captive bred, parents were collected on permit just south of alice springs but found all over central aust. The bris species is Diporphora australis. I've been busy with work so have had a chance to upload more pics but will try to tonight. One of he juvies just completed a shed and now has a orange/red flush down his flanks.

DSCF5635.jpg

DSCF5636.jpg

DSCF5637.jpg

DSCF5638.jpg

Thats one of the juvies that just moulted, hes looking very nice as you can see. Havent had a decent look as of yet but think its a boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back