some exotic geckos - du no no

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

basketcase

Reaction score
i found these pics on an american herp forum.

they were taken by an american herp know to me as 'ryanm' who also keeps a keep morelia species.

for all those who consider exotics rubbish simply cause they're exotics...

DSC_7655_8x10.jpg

DSC_7665_8x10.jpg

DSC_7775.jpg

DSC_8079_8x10.jpg

DSC_8087_8x10.jpg

a link to more pics:
http://www.horsefish.net/photos/default.asp?folder=Geckos

I should never have joined this site, it keeps reminding me of all the herps I want, but can't get (not for a while anyway!) :(

I think the first one is an Aussie gecko of the Strophurus genus. (perhaps cillaris.. though I cannot see any spiny eye brows.)

The others look pretty much exotic relative to Australia.

One day I will get a good camera capable of taking close up pictures of geckos.

one day I will get a camera capable of taking photos hahah

I get so angry when I hear people say that, it's just so narrow minded. Beautiful geckos.

basketcase said:
for all those who consider exotics rubbish simply cause they're exotics...

Every animal is beautiful in it's own right. It's not the animals fault it is exotic!

If we all lived overseas, would we be calling australian snakes rubbish? hehe

My experience with keepers overseas is that they appreciate all animals regardless of origin, because of the ridiculous hype and scare tactics
used by some people here there is this very negative attitude toward exotics.

Great photos, whats with the BS diatribe. detracts from the photography.I cant understand why someone would keep Morelia species for people who think exotics are rubbish? It doesnt make sense.

NinaPeas said:
one day I will get a camera capable of taking photos hahah

;-)

Well this is about as good as I can do with my current digital... quality wise. The composition however could be dramatically improved with a little bit more time and patience on my part.

Not sure if I am with you there ?

peterescue said:
Great photos, whats with the BS diatribe. detracts from the photography.I cant understand why someone would keep Morelia species for people who think exotics are rubbish? It doesnt make sense.

just an opinion peter.

nice snakeman, the gargoyles are very nice arent they.

are those crested geckos? i have personally seen them in the flesh and they are beautiful creatures! my uncle and aunt who live in virginia now this guy who has a bunch of herps.

now using google i can confirm those are crested geckos which if my memory serves me right were once thought to be extinct untill they find a population on an island some where.

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back