Some Holiday Critter Pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moosenoose

Legendary
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Well I finally grabbed a couple of my better pics off the camera whilst I was away over the Xmas break (Just south of the New South Wales border along the east coast).

Sadly the snakes seemed to have heard I was coming back and made themselves very scarce (hence no snake pics) :p .......mind you I was fishing a hell of a lot also. Oh well, there is always next Christmas. Which incidentally can't come fast enough in my opinion :lol:

Sorry about the jumbo-sized photos. I couldn't be bothered re-sizing them :D

The first pic is of a Jacky Dragon I stumbled upon. The cute little thing had nailed quite a large spider and wasn't going to drop it in a hurry :)

02-DSC_0074.jpg

01-DSC_0071.jpg

A couple of water dragon shots:

01-DSC_0107.jpg

01-DSC_0117.jpg

At night time I always found these large Perons Tree Frogs hanging about. I had to rescue all three of them one afternoon when the temps got ridiculous as they were all hiding in the metal framework of the house we were staying in. Pleased to say they spent the afternoon in a shady spot in a bucket filled with tank water (boy did those guys look relieved :lol:)

01-DSC_0160.jpg

01-DSC_0128.jpg

01-DSC_0123.jpg

And what holiday wouldn't be complete without a few Lacie snaps :lol:

01-DSC_0195.jpg

01-DSC_0184.jpg

Looks like a big playful puppy! :p.....with huge claws! :lol:

What a big mouthful for such a tiny jacky! lol :D
I love the water dragons too! They're fabulous shots! What's up with the male's chest though, it's sposed to be red?!
The frogs are too cute, and that last shot of the lacie, oh my! What a cutie pie!

I love the water dragons too! They're fabulous shots! What's up with the male's chest though, it's sposed to be red?!

I gather your username suggests you'll have more of an idea about this observation than I would. I honestly don't know :D

Here is a shot with more of "his" front displayed. As you can see he's got a toe missing and at some stage copped a bit of a gash under the chin which appears to have healed up reasonably. He was more than happy to pose for the camera. The smaller ones were quite flighty.

01-DSC_0097.jpg

Hmmm maybe he's a Gippsland. Sometimes it's hard to tell the Easterns from the Gippslands.
But since you probably took the photos in Vic, he's most likely a Gippy. Here's a pic of what the red chested male eastern looks like. He's my big boy, Spike!
spike-in-the-mango-tree-23106.jpg

The males are somehwhat more docile (when it comes to posing for shots) than the females in my opinion. Always out for a free feed, you see.
The gash on his chin has healed up very nicely, as have the toes.

nice shots, gippys are very beautiful, I have only ever seen one down near canberra. your jackys look very unusual aswell! thanks for posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back