some new herping pics and videos :D

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick u should really go the next step up with ur photography and get a dslr, that's what I'm doin and will be getting one myself soon ur photos are great as it is. Keep up the good work mate.

lol everyone says that about they voice when they hear it played back, i have vids to upload to youtube but i hate the sound of my voice witch is stopping me from uploading them. nice pics btw mate, and that cranky bluey was nice

It is lampropholis guichenoti it's coming up for a shed. I would suggest you do not handle anything as it is illegal and you don't want to be charged with interfering with wildlifegood workScott

Nice pics!
Never seen a Spotted Grass Frog with that intense bright green colouration before, although close to. The bluey has nice markings as well.
Who cares what your voice sounds like, it isnt that bad, have heard alot worse, and as stated above alot of people dont like hearing their own voice. Your voice will change in the next few years anyway.
You were correct in your id with Lampropholis guichenoti, they do vary a bit from pop. to pop. up the east coast, and in a recent paper i read that the northern and southern populations are genetically distinct and may prove to be 2 species, see what happens with that one.
Niveoscincus metallicus are localised around Melbourne, from the coastal area of Port Phillip like Ocean Grove, Geelong and a little north, from areas of the Mornington Peninsula and the Yarra Valley beyond Lilydale and from Monbulk, Emerald and Gembrook areas and beyond.

thanks :D - yeah the green ones are awesome, dont find to much

yeah ive seen HEAPS of different skinks on the peninsula

Where abouts were these found (roughly)? The frog looks like Limnodynastes fletcheri, don't have a book with me to check the ID characteristics, but I was under the impression they were distinguished by the orange/pink "eyebrows".
But since Scott hasn't said anything I'm doubting myself lol.

Jordo,

The red flushing of the upper eyelids is an indicator, but certainly not good character. The feet, the arrangement and shape of the blotches and the call are the key features between fletcheri and tasmaniensis.

You get my email?

Cheers,
Scott

hey jordo they were found in Melbourne western suburbs.

so yeah not fletcheri, they are more Northern VIC arnt they

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back