Some people have it so easy....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I moved out of home when i was about 22 and i have never paid rent or a mortgage or power and water... ever. I've got it easy lol.

There is no question that the OP is doing it tough in order to secure a future for herself and her child. As I read it, she is venting about those spoilt brats that complain about how difficult life is with zero justification for doing so. She isn't bagging kids staying at home. Only those that do nothing of the domestic chores and whinge because they have to study or go to lectures or write up pracs etc.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about kids staying at home and independence. My daughter is 28 and moved out only last month. It was no drama for her as she has always been independent. My son is 25 and is going to move in with his mate once the mate's house is built. Again, I expect no dramas. Both kids have been required to help around the house from early on. The only time that is relaxed is during exams. They help with the washing, the cooking and the cleaning. There ideas are listened to and respected as equal adults (just lacking as much life experience as their parents). They have both worked part-time through their uni studies as they were not given pocket money. However, they were given financial assistance to purchase things where we felt it appropriate. Anyway, they know the value money and what you have to do to get it.

Both have active social lives and an excellent group of close friends. Both did dancing classes twice a week since they were small up until a year or two ago. Both have organised and been on overseas trips with their mates.

As others have clearly stated, and I absolutely agree with, is that living at home does not mean you are not independent. If you have the capacity to take responsibility for organising and progressing your own life, YOU ARE INDEPENDENT, irrespective of where you live or who you live with.

Blue

PS. My favourite line (tongue in cheek) that I used to use about the kids still being at home... Wouldn't get them out with a crowbar!

I'm just saying I don't think the 'world owes me' way of thinking has anything to do with where one lives.

It is a hell of alot to harder to keep being under the impression that anyone owes you anything though if you are paying your own bills & doing things for yourself. Yes, people out of home who are capable of working yet dont prob have some of this selfish belief also, however that is my point really, growing up, working, studying, making something for yourself, making your own choices, responsibilty etc, all are things we should be taught to do. I agree that leaving home to sit on the dole for no reason isnt any better then being at home & being lazy, but at the end of the day it all comes to down to growing up......& many just dont want to do.

What I believe the last two posts are both saying is that it is about being responsible. A responsible person is one accepts and enacts accountability for their own existence. They do expect or demand that others help them out. The do all that is necessary to keep their existence ticking along, from cooking meals and cleaning clothes to paying bills on time. They may, at times, receive assistance in so doing but the bottom line is that it is not expected and not relied upon. they are a positive contributor to society rather than a parasite thereof.

Blue

Your life is easy compared to others in the world it's all relative.

This...I'm pissed that I'm not Bill Gates son but I'm also thankful that I didn't grow up in a housing project in Detroit or worse Haiti...All relative

Some people are just born lucky and others aren't. Some people are lucky throughout their lives and others aren't...It's just unfortunately what happens in a totally random world/universe....People like to pretend that their is some sort of pre-determined order or that "everything happens for a reason" but that is just not the case...In fact I would argue that nothing happens for a reason...If me and my brother are swimming at a beach in Tahiti and a passing Tiger Shark comes across us and decides that my leg just happens to look more attractive than my brothers leg and I get attacked and lose a leg while he is completely unscathed.....I just got unlucky and was in the wrong place at the wrong time...while he was lucky...That's how the world works even through most don't want to admit it....they like to attach significance to everything and pretend that their must have been a reason or whatnot...

I know the type of spoiled idiots that you are talking about...Like for instance I passed a guys car today when I was walking to class that had a sticker on it saying ("WE ARE THE 99 PERCENT") yet the car was a Lexus truck :( I to get fed up with those whiny latte sipping self entitled pricks....but I also hate the other completely opposite side as well... Both sides are extreme hypocrites in numerous ways.

Best to just worry about yourself and your own life...Don't ever get jealous (because while their may be a legitimate reason to be jealous of someone...it gets you nowhere and will not improve your situation) but don't be afraid to call out people who are being obvious hypocrites....set them straight.

Last edited:
I love how people on this forum class discussion and poking in fun as "bashing" :lol:
we should all live in cotton wool lined safe boxes!! poor widdle feewings get bwuised :(
some have SUCH thin skins I swear, having a dig is one of the biggest parts of Australian culture! (and yes we do have one despite what twits like to believe)

I can't believe people also get upset at getting a smack for stupidity! "I know I dun messed up, but don't point it out to me waaaa!" LOL

:D I'm a meanie! mwahahahaha :p
Unfortunately I was not able to address your comment earlier.

"Poking fun" and "Having a dig" I would agree are part of our culture. You managed to leave out one highly relevant qualifying characteristic. This behaviour is seen to be acceptable when directed at friends whom you know. It is not considered acceptable when directed at people with whom you do not have an established relationship and do not know. It would seem you are not as savvy with social graces are you are Australian colloquial culture.

I really don't know exactly what you mean by "a smack for stupidity" but if someone is upset by it, then there would seem a clear message being sent. They are upset by what you have "said". You can chalk that up as self-evident, a truism or a no-brainer - that does not matter. What does matter is you have no right to pass judgment on them in the first place. You correct an error made without reference to the person who made it and without personal denigration. That might not suit you because some people see it as OK to get their jollies out of giving others a hard time. Is it "thin skinned" on their behalf or "insensitive" on yours. I personally do not care how "stupid" a comment is. If they have said something through lack of knowledge or understanding or simply goofed, it does not give anyone the right to attack them personally.

I will make the observation that use "baby talk" in comments directed at such people. Is that meant to be humorous? I for one do not see anything funny in it. What I do see, loud and clear, is someone demeaning others. In my experience that tactic is often utilised by those that lack sufficient rationale to justify the point they are attempting to make.

It is a pity you do not put your intellect to better use. That includes those that support such comments.

Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back