Some people have it so easy....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please Everyone A Forum Is A Place To Share, Instead Of Causing ****, Just Reply If You Can Relate To This Situation, People Need To Vent, And This Is One Of Those Times, I Hate To Be An ***, But I've Seen To Much Bashing On The Forums, Even If I've Not Been Here Long, See? A Vent There, Just Chill Everyone :)

Second that :)

My ex, although we lived together, just did everything his dad said. Even when we bought our furniture, his parents had to come with us and my ex wouldn't buy anything unless they liked it. His dad did all his banking, so if he needed some money transferred from one account to another, his dad would do it for him.

Glad I got out of that one.

My ex, although we lived together, just did everything his dad said. Even when we bought our furniture, his parents had to come with us and my ex wouldn't buy anything unless they liked it. His dad did all his banking, so if he needed some money transferred from one account to another, his dad would do it for him.

Glad I got out of that one.

Holy moly! That's just embarrassing.

I don't know why you wouldn't want to become independent. I'm a full-time, mature-age uni student. As much as I sometimes envy the younger students whose home situation allows them to concentrate almost entirely on their studies, I couldn't stand living with my parents again. It would be too smothering.

No, I'm very happy where I am.

Gonna hijack thread here.

Im a uni student, im 18, havent lived at home since the start of 2010. My fortnightly rent is just over half of what i earn a fortnight. i work 2 jobs to pay for my roof and my life.. i do get centrelink but that doesnt make life easy.. But i am not complaining. my house is beautiful, i have a working car, food in my fridge, running water and electricity. sooo much more than many other people who struggle every day.

I just wanna add a point to everyone judging older people for livinf at home. my 26 year old sister moved out when she was 17 to live with her boyfriend. add a few years and she ended up with a child who is now 6. My sis lives at home with mum. why? She left her drug abusive partner when he ended up in rehab for the umpteenth time at th start of last year. she made the right decision for her child and herself. shes been at mums for over a year cos shes finding it hard to get a place to live in bathurst. shes doing her diploma of nursing and im so proud she has her life back on.track.

Dont judge people that appear to have everything.. pretty much every rich kid i know is miserable, and those still at home are itching to get away. even when i did live at home and have everything done for me, i was miserable. now im out of my comfort zone, in the big bad world, never been happier :)

yea! they know how to type their! how dare they! *shakes fist* :p

Haven't read every post yet but I just thought I'd add that I live at home (actually I own the house so technically my family lives with me). They pay me rent/board which is less than half what they'd be paying if they rented because they just couldn't afford it. We split the bills but I admit I rarely cook or clean my own clothes.
Last year I spent six months away for work and I actually found it easier. I was able to come "home" and relax and just have time to myself. I cooked much healthier meals than we eat at home and washing and ironing my stuff was a simple chore that I actually found relaxing (although I still can't get the hand of doing business shirts). So I think everyone's experience is different and judging everyone who lives at home before understanding their circumstances is a bit shallow.

Please Everyone A Forum Is A Place To Share, Instead Of Causing ****, Just Reply If You Can Relate To This Situation, People Need To Vent, And This Is One Of Those Times, I Hate To Be An ***, But I've Seen To Much Bashing On The Forums, Even If I've Not Been Here Long, See? A Vent There, Just Chill Everyone :)
Since grammar seems to be a hot topic in this thread I just wanted to comment on this. How/why did you capitalise every word in this post? Surely that would have been much more difficult than just typing it correctly

I love how people on this forum class discussion and poking in fun as "bashing" :lol:
we should all live in cotton wool lined safe boxes!! poor widdle feewings get bwuised :(
some have SUCH thin skins I swear, having a dig is one of the biggest parts of Australian culture! (and yes we do have one despite what twits like to believe)

I can't believe people also get upset at getting a smack for stupidity! "I know I dun messed up, but don't point it out to me waaaa!" LOL

:D I'm a meanie! mwahahahaha :p

Some people have it easy, some people have it tough - C'est la Vie

My advice would be (something I live my life by): Look to those who are less fortunate than you and you will be more thankful, appreciative, and content. Find ways to help those who are less fortunate and it can be the most fullfilling experience. Win-Win situation!

I moved out very early, but that was a personal choice. I have a roof over my head, clothes to wear, food to eat and people to love. That is a LOT more than a LOT of people :)
We are all truly blessed.

Couldn't care less what other people do as long as it doesn't affect me.I certainly wouldn't waste time venting about kids/young adults not wanting to leave home.What the hell has it to do with anyone else anyway.

This is more of a rant.. so apologies as I can probably guess that it may offend some.

Occasionally I get so frustrated about how easy some people have it. This mainly has to do with the people I go to uni with. The majority of whom, still live at home. Where everything is done for them, their dinner is cooked, their washing is done, they live rent free, rooms cleaned, beds made, lunches packed, uni paid for... I'm talking people in their mid 20's and 30's.

I guess I am a little cynical as I left home 9 years ago (I'm 24). I am, and always have been fairly independent. Now I raise a child on my own, the house is 100% my responsibility, I am at uni full time and just about to start casual work on top of that.

But seriously.... I don't think I will ever grasp why people don't strive for independence. Sure it's hard, but how are people my age and beyond, ever expected to learn for themselves? How will they survive on their own when mummy or daddy are still doing everything for them into their mid 20's and 30's?

I recently (god knows why) dated a guy who was in his early 30's and had never left home with no valid reason as to why. Then had the tenacity to tell me I was like a baby who had not even started to live life yet. Strange coming from a guy whose mum wouldn't even let him catch the train at night!

Am I alone in thinking that it is somewhat unacceptable for someone to have everything done for them and still live at home by a certain age?

And in saying that, I completely understand there are circumstances for some people, such as illness, financial trouble etc... I am referring to those who are plain lazy or have it way too good at home.

I bet I am going to regret starting this thread later... oh well...

I moved out as soon as I could, went to Uni and hated the course I was doing. I pay my own bills and now I'm paying for a course because the Uni course I got into wasn't what I wanted to do. I stuffed my GPA up procrastinating, now I can't get into the course I want through HECS, so I'm paying for it. It's my fault that I stuffed up my chances at Uni until I'm 21 (mature age student), I just wish they'd take my high school grades into account because I want to be a journo and I got top marks in English. I'm not gunna whinge about it, though. I'm going to put it down to life experience and change it.

Life is tough, but you are whinging. There is no way in hell that you are not jealous of those people. I'm jealous of them, but I don't resent them at all. They aren't doing anything wrong by living at home if they are at Uni. Uni is tough and it's very hard to pay your way if you're a full time student without parental help (as you know), so what is the issue with people taking advantage of things that will give them a leg up?

This will sound rude, (although I don't intend it to, because I don't know the circumstances of why you are a single mother), but I would never have a child if I didn't have a career sorted out first. You could be left without a partner and no income for an array of reasons and I don't need to have a kid to know they are expensive and time consuming. It was your choice to have a child, so I dunno why you're whinging about it on a regular basis on a snake forum.

The people that shouldn't be living at home are the ones that don't go to Uni and have no intentions of doing anything.

This will sound rude, (although I don't intend it to, because I don't know the circumstances of why you are a single mother), but I would never have a child if I didn't have a career sorted out first. You could be left without a partner and no income for an array of reasons and I don't need to have a kid to know they are expensive and time consuming. It was your choice to have a child, so I dunno why you're whinging about it on a regular basis on a snake forum.

Her husband died a few yrs ago.......
As for the part of her whinging about having a baby......where did she or has she done that, cause i havent seen it?? From my understanding she was referring to those who sit at home doing nothing & yet still complain about their lives that she finds annoying.

For the op, as i said earlier, i agree with what i think your point was, & yes, some parents are allowing their 'kids' to be brats.......while it is wrong not to want to grow up & be independant, i have always believed that parents are more responsible for installing these values & abilities in the first place. Of course a kid is going to live at home rent & chore free if they are aloud to!!

Last edited:
Wow be great if everyone in the world could put uni on hex like the original poster... sadly they can't and I'm sure they are saying she should pay up front like they have too. No government hand outs! It's as bad as living at home ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bel711, why is it wrong to want to stay at home and not be independent?

Well personally i see it as something we shouldnt have a choice to do or not do, growing up is apart of life & growing up means being independent. Our parents are not here forever, & im sure most parents would like to know their children are going to be ok when they are gone, some parents just cant cut the strings though, & i think that is why there are so many children, teens, & adults who live by the 'world owes me' label. This is just my opinion, i understand there are good reasons in some cases why people are at home after a certain age, however there is alot of 'we are just too lazy, mummy's cooking is the best, mummy washes my clothes & makes my bed, daddy bought me a car' kinda people also. As someone else said, i couldnt care less what goes on in anyone else's home, however, i do have an opinion on who is really to blame......& it isnt always the kid!!

personally i don't let it bother me, my Ex and last serious GF was in that situation, well off family everything paid for and i had to explain to her that sometimes her friends (who worked) or myself were not able to afford to do certain things because of other commitments (bills and shiz).

but i never had a reason to resent\judge or be jealous of her its just a way of life and we all have different lives we each just have to make the most of what we are given and suck up the rest, remember that our actions\decision early in life had\will have an impact on your life later. Don't think you can never change this tho with the right drive and action you can make anything of yourself to a degree, its never bad to know your limitations but don't ever let those limitation stop you from trying, and if your going to try try hard not half assed because you think your going to fail any way.

and i always like to remember anything easily obtained was not worth obtaining, nothing of real value comes easy in this life and its that effort and difficulty that makes it worth obtaining.

I respect your post and your opinion but I'm sure there are more adults who live by the 'world owes me' that are out of home and on the dole with rent assistance which is paid for by us out of our tax.

I'm just saying I don't think the 'world owes me' way of thinking has anything to do with where one lives.

hmm.

So I'm 30 and live at home. I moved out of home when I was 17, chose travel over my future. Lived overseas for several years. I came home broke & having to start my career from scratch. Wouldn't change it for the world :)

My mum brought a new house, she couldn't afford it on her own, Darwin is expensive she needed flatmates, I needed a place to live. I pay standard rent $150 a week, I do most of the cooking. I look after myself, she stays out of my personal life Sometimes her motherly instinct kicks in but since I've been out of home for so long I always fight with her about it.

If I move out she has to get other people in to rent. I have to rent off someone else till I save up my deposit to buy my own place. Whats wrong with me renting off her at least I know the money is going towards my future rather than just losing it to some random landlord, plus the chances of horrible flatmates for either of us.

Yet people hear I live at home and immediately judge that I have it easy. Maybe a lot of the people you talk about life isn't as easy as you think. Sure there will always be a few like that but I think what you fail to realise is you get HECs, rent assistance, you have a job, clean water, regular food.

I know life can be frustrating but try and look at the things you do have & not what other people have that you don't

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back