sores/funguson bluey face

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shea_and_ruby

Reaction score
we have had kitty (our blue tongue) outside on and off for the past few months. we recently sold her previous enclosure which had approx 2cm square wire. we think this is how she ended up with the markings that she now has on either side of her face from trying to push her way through the enclosure. the sores are not weepy nor are they spreading. hubby has been putting bettadine (sp?) on it. she is still eating well, not losing weight and is rather active. so is this the cause you think (or does it look like a fungus?) and is this the right course of treatment?

kitty sore.jpg

bettadine is great to use. I would guess that she was rubbing herself on the wire (mine used to do that), i'd keep going with the bettadine and if there is no change or gets worse over the next week, l'd take her to the vet just to be sure.

by the way, l love her name!!!

thanks for that. she doesn't seem too upset by it, but wanted to double check. i called her kitty as i really wanted a cat but i am allergic, so she is my non cat, cat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back