Southern Forest Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

danw

Reaction score
Hey, does anyone know to how find out the sex of Southern Forest Dragons?Here are a few pics of my ones ( I can't tell what sex they are)
This is a pcture of lizard one.

Hi Dan
Its not 100% the case I but always use the lines on the lower jaw as the best sign to show females.
Cheers
Ad

well here's it's ummm..private parts if that helps

so would anyone be able to tell me sexes of them (or at least take an educated guess)?

Hi dan,
How did you get such big photos uploaded!
Females are more patterned. The males also tend to get a yellow flush on them particularly around the head and neck, so I would say this photo is of a male
Bob

oh ok but it's two different lizards..so they are probably both males?
urm i took the photos from my iphoto folder and then turned them into jpeg files and cropped them cause they were all bigger than 1mb

To my eyes, the top animal is a male and the bottom is female based on sizes of nuchal crest, colouration (although this only works 80% of the time) and undertail features. Unfortunately they became too old to breed in the time it took to download the pics

haha..lol i didn't know the pics wewre so big

Dan,
Didn't see the photos underneath due to their large size! IMO top male bottom female.
Bob

Bottom pic is a female IMO (95% chance I reckon), but the top one is very hard to tell.
Can you take a pic of the whole animal, but upload it as a 640x480 so we can see the whole thing at once?

sure thing!how do I upload it smaller though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back