Speaking Latin (What languages can you speak?)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
fluent scottish and australian thought the aussie accent was a piece of pee

the only way me and my partner can talk privately around the kids is pig latin........

My dad had to learn latin at school - he said it was really hard.
We did Bahasa Indonesia when I was at school lol. I want to learn Japanese now.

I am a major polyglot!
I speak little bits and pieces of alot of different languages, I used to be fluent in Croatian, Russian and Serbian, but I never used them, and so, forgot them, lol.

i heard that no1 truly knows how latin words are pronounced? only have come to a general concensus of a new latin, where everything is spelt the same and means the same thing, just has different pronunciations. hence "dead language" point can be argued saying that its called that due to the fact that no society uses it as their preferred dialect.

its really nerdy but i think it would be really cool to speak elvish. i just think it sounds so amazing. i guess the next best thing would be some version of gaelic, either scottish, irish or welsh maybe.
also i think latin is awesome to know, after studying biology and botany (in the form of aromatherapy) it really helps to know a bit of latin!!!

My sister studied latin at university and she knows it quite well, however, thinks its a difficult language to actually 'speak'. Writing and reading is easier, but the language itself is difficult to speak fluently. It's very handy - I'll ask her 'what does this scientific name mean?' hehe. She also has one of the Harry Potter books in the latin version - really cool!!
I know quite a bit of spanish, but I never had anyone to speak to so I gave up learning...might pick it up again... one day :)

Latin is a dead language, meaning that it is written and spoken but you dont converse in Latin.....
i know how to say 'hello' and 'how much' in several languages from having backpacked to most of this world when i was younger, very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back